Suche Sortierung nach Monatsdigest
2013/11/06 22:22:41
Familienforschungsgruppe Esens \[geschlossene Vereinsliste\]
Re: [Famfo-esens-l] Siebelt Ihnen Janssen of Groß Ar menland
Datum 2013/11/07 06:07:17
Familienforschungsgruppe Esens \[geschlossene Vereinsliste\]
Re: [Famfo-esens-l] Siebelt Ihnen Janssen of Groß Ar menland
2013/11/04 11:20:03
Familienforschungsgruppe Esens \[geschlossene Vereinsliste\]
[Famfo-esens-l] Fw: [OSTFRIESEN] Roll Call - Johann Hinrich SIEBELS
Betreff 2013/11/06 20:30:16
Familienforschungsgruppe Esens \[geschlossene Vereinsliste\]
Re: [Famfo-esens-l] Siebelt Ihnen Janssen of Groß Ar menland
2013/11/06 22:22:41
Familienforschungsgruppe Esens \[geschlossene Vereinsliste\]
Re: [Famfo-esens-l] Siebelt Ihnen Janssen of Groß Ar menland
Autor 2013/11/07 06:07:17
Familienforschungsgruppe Esens \[geschlossene Vereinsliste\]
Re: [Famfo-esens-l] Siebelt Ihnen Janssen of Groß Ar menland

Re: [Famfo-esens-l] Siebelt Ihnen Janssen of Groß Armenland

Date: 2013/11/07 05:56:04
From: Familienforschungsgruppe Esens \[geschlossene Vereinsliste\] <famfo-esens-l(a)...

Moin Alle!

Thank you everyone for all of your quick responses to my post.

The Hoeting family is the line that I am descended from and the history regarding the surname is an interesting one.  I have found it spelled several ways, Hoeting, Höeting, Höting and Hoefing.  Ursula assisted me in researching both Mense Hoeting and Johanna Janssen (Hallo Ursula, I hope you and your family are doing well!) and it seems like the Hoefing spelling only appeared the once (in Reepsholt) in all the OSBs that have been looked through so far.  And according to the Dornum OSB, the Höeting/Höting appears to have been the family name of Mense's mother, Gelke.

OSB - Die Familien der Kirchengemeinde Dornum (1706-1900) - (Volume 1, pg 429)
#1906 Höeting, Here Gerdes, [führte vermutlich zunächst den Namen Warfen und nahm später den Familiennamen seiner Frau an, nachdem die Eheleute vermutlich den Hof des Onkels Peter der Ehefrau in Dornumergrode übernommen hatten], Landwirt, Dornumergrode, vorher Warfsmann zu Lütetsburg, *(1784), gestorben 14.9.1852 Dornumergrode, begraben 21.9. Dornum (68), Altersschwäche, geheiratet Gelke Menssen Höeting 1908, *19.8.1810 Westermarsch, gestorben 25.2.1864 Dornumergrode, begraben 2.3. Dornum (2nd geheiratet 442), “verehelicht gewesene Warfen”
            Mensse Heeren *15.1.1830 Lütetsburg, 1909
            Gerd Heeren *26.10.1835 Lütetsburg, 1903

So, it seems at this point that I will need to try and locate records for the Lütetsburg area to continue researching the Warfen family line.

Johanna's father, Siebelt Ihnen Janssen appeared to be from the Esens area, but the only information I had been able to find until this point was that he was born about 1791 in Groß Armenland.  From a family letter a great aunt of mine wrote, we know that Siebelt owned a hardware store of some form, but I'm not sure where that business was located (either in the area around Dornum or Groß Armenland?)

Thank you again to everyone for their help!
All the Best,Jessica> To: famfo-esens-l(a)...