Kate Burdick
RE: [OWP] Ernest Thode's Books
Datum 2000/06/07 04:12:47
Mary Popovich
Re: [OWP] Wickenhofer
2000/06/12 05:08:33
Adalbert Goertz
Re: [OWP] West Prussia
Betreff 2000/06/07 04:12:47
Mary Popovich
Re: [OWP] Wickenhofer
2000/06/10 06:48:52
Raymond Ziemer
Re: [OWP] Re:Osterode
Autor 2000/06/06 02:59:06
Robert Paul Monschke
Re: [OWP] A Resource

[OWP] Wickenhofer

Date: 2000/06/07 03:41:44
From: RLTruman00 <RLTruman00(a)...

Hello,  I am new to the list and thought that I'd post the Wickenhofer
surname I am researching.

My ancestor is John Wickenhofer, born abt 1818.  He married Anna Ezenglas
(not sure of the spelling), born abt 1823.  John and Anna first appear in the
1860 Preston County, West Virginia, USA census.  John listed his birthplace
as Hesia, Ger and Anna listed hers as Prussia.  John reappears in the 1870
census and listed his birthplace as Prussia.  Three of their children;
Christina, Henry and George were born in Prussia.

I haven't yet been able to establish where in Prussia they originated so I
thought I'd post the names in hopes that someone may be familiar with the
name or it's origin.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Sincerely,
Becky