Mauri Webster
Re: Geographical question
Datum 1999/09/08 18:24:59
redaktionsbüro
Re: Geographical question
1999/09/08 16:01:43
Larry Ledebur
Re: Where is STRATEN?
Betreff 1999/09/08 23:37:27
Rensing512
Re: Where is STRATEN?
1999/09/07 17:09:46
Errol/Mary Sandler
Re: Geographical question
Autor 1999/09/10 16:25:23
Errol/Mary Sandler
Re: Where is STRATEN?

Date: 1999/09/08 18:07:09
From: Errol/Mary Sandler <eesand(a)...

Hi Sunset

Interesting question, as I'm the person who transcribed the Lucilla 1837 for
the ISTG http://istg.rootsweb.com/ (the Lucilla is in volume 2.)

Be sure to check the whole passenger list, if you haven't already.  There
were some other passengers from what is probably the same town, but this
time the captain (or whoever) wrote the town as Starten, which is probably
the same place as your passengers were from.

And if you check this site  http://www.expediamaps.com/ (go to place
finder from that home page) Straeten seems to be the
closest possibility.  It's in Westfalen, a bit west of Cologne.  (Although
expediamaps are probably only good for current towns, so keep open other
possibilities.)

Hope it helps!  Glad you found somebody on one of "our" ships!
Mary Koelzer