Dietrich Fabricius
Re: Church locations
Datum

2000/02/28 20:57:00
Danleyf
Re: Vandenburg
Betreff 2000/02/25 15:26:41
Albert E.F. Lipskey M.A.
Wachsmuth, WP
2000/02/29 13:45:42
Dietrich Fabricius
Re: Church locations
Autor 2000/02/09 00:15:05
DRWGen
Re: translation of "Gnadenau?"

Re: Vandenburg

Date: 2000/02/29 15:08:59
From: Don Litzer <dlitzer(a)...

Denise,
The IGI is the International Genealogical Index.  It has been compiled by
the LDS for years (how many exactly I don't know).  It is comprised of
information extracted from records microfilmed by the LDS church (as
opposed to genealogists' research results, which are as good as the
genealogists researching them).  For years one could go to an LDS Family
History Center library and use the IGI on microfilm.  I can't tell you off
the top of my head what it's called now and in what format, but that's at
least how it started.

At 09:00 AM 2/28/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Can you tell me what the IGI is?  This may be a new direction to follow
sine I am sort of stuck right now.

>Thanks,
>Denise

>Not sure if this helps at all, but was just researching in the IGI and saw
>(while looking up something else) a listing:
>Darmstadt, Vanderburgh,Germany.....
> Anyway, thought I'd mention it.

Don Litzer
Head of Adult Services