Adalbert Goertz
PRUSSIA
Datum 2000/02/05 05:55:25
R. C. Elbrechter
Carl Elbrechter - b:1817?
2000/02/15 20:35:42
LTBoehmke
Re: Important site
Betreff 2000/02/03 16:52:50
Erica Margita Neumann
Re: Konitz = Chojnice
2000/02/05 02:03:45
Adalbert Goertz
PRUSSIA
Autor 2000/02/08 23:02:48
Adalbert Goertz
translation of "Gnadenau?"

Keukendof?

Date: 2000/02/05 05:03:15
From: Adalbert Goertz <goertza(a)...

 OW-PREUSSEN-L(a)...

Subject : Has anyone heard of places that look  Reference : NONE

re:

Yesterday I received a marriage certificate for the brother of my great,
great, grandmother.
I am having trouble deciphering the writing.
It looks like Franz MANZ came from 'Schoone', Germany and his wife, Justina
KALINOWSKI from 'Keuckendof', Germany !!
I know Rosalia MANZ was born in West Prussia (Neuhof, near Deutsch Krone)
and was married in the same place so
I imagine the place Franz was born is also West Prussia.
Does anyone on the list have any knowledge of a place name that looks like
'Schoone'?

adalbert goertz responds:

Keuckendof is probably a misreading of Knackendorf, Kreis Dt.Krone.

-- ** Adalbert & Barbel Goertz ** ph 719-390-1088 ** Fax: 425-732-9921 --
---  retired in Colorado Springs, (Colorado is a state of mind) ---
  Mennonite genealogy of East and West Prussia prior to 1945.
     Our webpage is up now: http://www.cyberspace.org/~goertz
                     goertza(a)...
If you have email only, send message to www4mail(a)...
     In body write: get http://www.cyberspace.org/~goertz
   Searching Menno names:Goertz, Kerber, Franz, Bartel, Balzer