Dan Theus
Pollnitz
Datum 2000/02/04 20:09:59
Brenda Schoenfeld
PRUSSIA
2000/02/04 15:18:47
Dan Theus
Pollnitz
Betreff 2000/02/04 23:03:51
Walter Mogk
Re: Pollnitz
2000/02/04 04:29:01
WhitmerJ
Re: Konitz = Chojnice
Autor 2000/02/28 18:15:32
WhitmerJ
Re: Hekp wanted

Re: Pollnitz

Date: 2000/02/04 17:23:11
From: WhitmerJ <WhitmerJ(a)...

Yes, there was a railroad station just southeast and "outside" of Pollnitz.
It appears this was a secondary railway and it joined the main railroad just
southeast of the town of Schlochau, Kreis Schlochau.    This main railroad
came from near Konitz to the east.

I checked my 1997 Polish map and the present railroad by Polnica (formerly
Pollnitz) is identified as "Koleje towarowe" or "freight haulage only."   It
still joins the main railroad just southeast of the town of Czluchow
(Schlochau.)

What is interesting here is that if the ancestor followed the route
mentioned,  from Schlagenthin through Lichnau, Konitz and beyond to Pollnitz,
he would have crossed over the main railroad that ran by the town of Konitz
(Chojnice.)   Given the situation at the time, perhaps traveling the extra
distance to a secondary railroad was a necessary decision.  The railroad by
Pollnitz ran north towards Rummelsberg in Pomerania or south, to join the
main railroad at Schlochau.

Regards,
Karen B. Whitmer