WhitmerJ
Re:New Subscriber - JAHL/MANZ/HOPP
Datum 2000/02/03 22:38:22
Wolfgang Naujocks
Re: Konitz = Chojnice
2000/02/03 13:55:40
BEColvin
Re: New Subscriber - JAHL / MANZ / HOPP
Betreff 2000/02/03 23:09:55
Edommer
Re: New Subscriber - JAHL / MANZ / HOPP
2000/02/02 02:02:42
Adalbert Goertz
GIESWEIN and PINNECKER
Autor 2000/02/05 02:03:45
Adalbert Goertz
PRUSSIA

New Subscriber - JAHL / MANZ / HOPP

Date: 2000/02/03 20:06:37
From: Adalbert Goertz <goertza(a)...

re
I don't speak German.  (I hope to rectify this problem very soon.)
Can anyone help me out with a problem please?
My problem is that my ancestors seem to have come to Australia from a
part
of West Prussia where no church records exist.

Adalbert Goertz responds >>>>>>>>>>>>

Some of your questions may be answered at

 http://www3.adnc.com/~lynnd/gfaq.html
 http://www.mmhs.org/faq/faq.htm

 Subject:  Adalbert Goertz's Regional German FAQs

 Modified September 1999

     * Baden
     * Boehmen (Bohemia)
     * Brandenburg
     * Deutschland (Germany)
     * Elsass-Lothringen
     * Maehren (Moravia)
     * Ostpreussen (East Prussia)
     * Pommern (Pomerania)
     * Posen (Poznan)
     * Preussen (Prussia)
     * Rheinhessen
     * Rheinpfalz (Palatinate)
     * Schlesien (Silesia)
     * Westfalen (Westphalia)
     * Westpreussen (West Prussia)

Consult also
   Germanic Genealogy (by Edward R.Brandt et alii); 1997, 517 pp.

        http://pages.prodigy.net/brandtfam/geneal/

      Email:  brandtfam(a)... (Ed Brandt)

and the website

        http://www.familysearch.net/sg/Germany.html

The best websearch engines for genealogy are

        http://www.google.com
        http://www.alltheweb.com
        http://www.northernlight.com
        http://www.searchenginecolossus.com/

and I strongly urge researchers to pose questions there first
before posting questions to a list or newsgroup.

The best websearch engine for GERMAN genealogy is

        http://meta.rrzn.uni-hannover.de

If you have email only and no access to the web,
you may want to send a message to

   www4mail(a)...

      OR

   www4mail(a)...

      OR

   www4mail(a)...

with SUBJECT (anything - it will be ignored) and message:

  get http://www......................

You can expect to receive the www-document in your email box.

You may also send message HELP
to above addresses, if your request fails. This way you will find out
whether or not you made a mistake in sending your request.

Other servers like

   gomail(a)...
   agora(a)...
   agora(a)...

do the same with your message

  send http://.......

PS. This may not work for www pages with "frames,cookies,applets".
                                                             0
                        Search the web using Google!
               |*************|____________________________
               * 10 results  *oogle Search I'm feeling lucky
               * 30 results  *
               * 100 results *s moved to www.google.com
               |*************|e update your links.

-- ** Adalbert & Barbel Goertz ** ph 719-390-1088 ** Fax: 425-732-9921 **--
---  retired in Colorado Springs, (Colorado is a state of mind)  ---
  Mennonite genealogy of East and West Prussia prior to 1945.
        http://www.adnc.com/web3/lynnd/gfaq.html
        http://www.cyberspace.org/~goertz
It is bad netiquette to impose M$/mac umlaut characters upon the internet
In email/newsgroups use
ae=a"=a:,oe=o"=o:,ue=u"=u:,Ae=A"=A:,Oe=O"=O:,Ue=U"=U: