shirley greiman
Re: Lind and Drengfurt-East Prussia
Datum 2000/01/22 02:20:54
Leanne
Locations
2000/01/20 23:53:22
shirley greiman
Re: Lind and Drengfurt-East Prussia
Betreff 2000/01/28 06:47:08
Mary Popovich
Fw: Links
2000/01/13 19:31:25
WhitmerJ
Re: Lind and Drengfurt-East Prussia
Autor 2000/01/03 00:03:00
Wolfgang Fred Rump
(Fwd) hello & info

Re: Lind and Drengfurt-East Prussia

Date: 2000/01/21 18:01:58
From: WhitmerJ <WhitmerJ(a)...

Hi Shirley and all,

Glad you found your spot.  Not sure about the Lava River, but this is
definitely near the Masur Kanal just to the east of Linde and Wandlacken.
This canal seems to run from Allenburg (perhaps beginning at the Alle River?
) to just north of Drengfurth and ending near the lake, "Rehsauer See."  The
distance appears to be around 15 kilometers.  My map is scale 1:300 000 and
does show creeks and rivers in the area of Wandlacken, but the Masur seems to
be the only canal and the creeks and rivers here are not identified.  Perhaps
your LoC map will show it better.

As the area around Drengfurth is now Poland, I've checked my Polish map where
the canal is now called "Kan. Mazurski" and ends at the lake identified as
"J. Rydzowka."  This is just east of Srokowo, formerly called Drengfurth.  To
the north in Russia, the canal is idendified as "kanal Mazurskij."

Best Regards,
Karen