Andrea Korbanka
Re: [OL] Johann Gerhard Kunnemann
Datum 2010/04/30 17:46:47
Peter Voß
[OL] 6 neue Volkszahl-Register
2010/04/20 10:41:26
Gap Creek
[OL] Oldenburg - family GODE - another question
Betreff 2010/04/13 16:39:25
Jennifer Davis
[OL] Original Varel Church Records - Where to Locate?
2010/04/19 10:51:12
HeikoAhlers
Re: [OL] Oldenburg - family GODE
Autor 2010/04/02 18:08:24
Heinz Wiemann
Re: [OL] Johann Bernhard St ö ver aus Urneburg

Re: [OL] Oldenburg - family GODE - another question

Date: 2010/04/30 13:34:33
From: HeikoAhlers <HeikoAhlers(a)...

Hello,

It is definitely the Holle SE south east of Oldenburg. I found Hinrich Gode was born July 26, 1792 in Neuenwege, Kirchspiel (parish) Holle. His parents were: Johann Dirk Gode, Heuermann (tenant farmer) in Neuenwege, and Margarete Frese.
What the book says is that in 1819 he was accepted as a citizen of Oldenburg. He may have lived elsewhere before, but, as far as I interpret this, he may also have lived in Oldenburg before, but without all the citizens' rights. Many "little people" like workers, maids, etc., lived in the cities not as full fledged "citizens" but just as "inhabitants".

Yours

Heiko