UrAhne1
[OL]Lutherans
Datum 2003/05/21 03:15:54
Dennis Hellebusch
[OL]Hellebusch
2003/05/20 16:05:37
UrAhne1
[OL]Lutherans
Re: [OL]Lutherans in Dinklage
2003/05/16 22:33:48
Fred Rump
Re: [OL]Census 1900 Ohio
Autor 2003/05/24 17:18:39
Fred Rump
Re: [OL]Taphoorn/Taphorn

Re: [OL]Lutherans

Date: 2003/05/20 19:10:39
From: Fred Rump <fredrump(a)...

On 20 May 2003 at 10:05, UrAhne1(a)... wrote:

> Dear Listers,
>
> Sorry, hit the wrong key.
>
> In an early marriage record that I have from Dinklage it is noted that
> the man is Lutheran and that he was required to pay a tithe to the
> poor.  Would this same notation be made if the woman was Lutheran?

Tithing as such had nothing to do with religion. It was simply a tax
attached to a property. Typically such fees were paid according to
long held fiefs to the organization which held the real ownership of
the land. Sometimes a property was assigned to pay fees for
particular purposes such as in this case.

Fred

 26 Warren St.
Beverly, NJ 08010
FredRump(a)...