APUND
[OL]Oythe and nearby church records
Datum 2000/11/26 21:58:06
2000/11/26 15:23:24
Betreff 2000/11/26 16:56:41
2000/11/03 04:32:57
Autor 2000/11/13 20:31:21

Date: 2000/11/26 21:19:56
From: Hubert Bomas <hbomas(a)...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Hubert Bomas
http://www.bomas.de/personen/hubert.htm

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: oldenburg-l-admin(a)... [mailto:oldenburg-l-admin(a)... Auftrag von Frank Bruns
Gesendet: Samstag, 25. November 2000 23:30
An: Oldenburg-L(a)... Re: [OL]Bruns in Vechta or Visbek

Herr Honkomp --

   Thank you so much for your quick reply. I now know that Amt Vechta comprises a larger area than just the parish/town of Vechta. This, in itself, will be a great help in my search.

   Since you were so kind to reply, might I ask you another question? On the ship's passenger list, Arnold listed "Oyth ? as his "country of origin". Do you recognize this? From the other entries, I is clear that "country" was often listed as a town, region or locality.

   Again thank you for your help.
                           Frank

Werner Honkomp wrote:
Hello Frank,
the first records of Bruns at the parish Vechta are:

Bruns Karl Diederich, born 30.Dec.1892 in Delmenhorst-Stuhr,
married 5.Jun.1918 in Vechta to Johanna Sandmann, born 1889 in Lüsche
3 children

Bruns Fritz Bernard Georg, born 8.Apr.1881 in Lippstadt (Westphalia ?)
married 25.Aug.1908 in Vechta to Landgruft, born in Friesoythe
7 children

I assume, Bruns came not from the town/parish Vechta, maybe Visbeck (Amt Vechta).

Werner

To All --
   I am new to this, so please forgive me if I ask too much.
   I am looking for connections is Germany to my GG Grandfather  -
Arnold Bruns. We know that Arnold was born December 9, 1844 and was the
son of Herbert and Bernadine (Steva) sp? Bruns. Herbert died and
Bernadine later married a Koch. Arnold listed his town of birth as "A??t
Vachta" on at least two documents. We believe that this was his English
spelling of Vechta. Could the A??t be "near by" or "close to" or
something of that nature? He also listed his last residence in Germany
as Vishbech. We assume this is Visbek. Since one of his children said he
was from Oldenberg and he sailed for the United States from Bremenhaven,
we believe we have the correct locations.
   I would like to locate records of his family in Germany. Do
birth/death/marriage records exist in the region? Where would they be
located? Arnold was a Catholic. Would churches in the region keep
records? I will be traveling to the region next fall, but do not speak
the German language. Are there English speaking resources in the region?
           Frank Bruns