ahprovence
Re: [HN] Wedem Amt Wolpe
Datum 2010/03/06 22:58:31
J. Ames
Re: [HN] Wedem Amt Wolpe
2010/03/06 21:28:40
ahprovence
Re: [HN] Wedem Amt Wolpe
Betreff 2010/03/06 22:58:31
J. Ames
Re: [HN] Wedem Amt Wolpe
2010/03/06 16:40:39
Max Burgdorf
Re: [HN] Hannover Archives help Bitte
Autor 2010/03/06 19:32:53
Paul Scheele
Re: [HN] Hannover Archives help Bitte

Re: [HN] Wedem Amt Wolpe

Date: 2010/03/06 22:17:42
From: mm2 <profession(a)...

Hallo,

es gab ein altes Amt W├Âlpe, mit einen Ort: Wenden.
http://www.erichshagen-woelpe.de/geschichte/Amt.htm
siehe auch
http://travelingluck.com/Europe/Germany/Niedersachsen/_2806335_W%C3%B6lpe.html#local_map

Viel Erfolg
Manfred

Am 06.03.2010 21:28, schrieb ahprovence(a)...
Carole,
    The abbreviation "Amt" is short for Amtsbezirk, which translates into a government jurisdiction, or official district.  Because it was an area, it contained several towns and villages.  Your Amt. Wolpe was a region located east of Nienburg.  But I don't have a map at home that lists all the villages.  You should ask at a library with a Genealogy collection.

    The term Wedem refers to a church-owned farm property.  Probably your ancestors were employed, and lived, on this farm.

   So your information does not refer to a specific town.  You will need to do more digging.

     Good luck,

     Nicole Miller