Ludger von Husen
[HN] Johann Gerd MEYER gen. LANGE(N)FELD(T), Stemwede (Dielingen, Haldem usw.)
Datum 2009/05/04 10:33:58

No subject
2009/05/03 13:59:56
Ludger von Husen
[HN] Johann Gerd MEYER gen. LANGE(N)FELD(T), Stemwede (Dielingen, Haldem usw.)
Betreff 2009/05/04 14:45:00
W. Thiele
[HN] Johann Meyer
2009/05/08 23:02:00
Lauing.Gerd(a)t-online.de
[HN] suche ort Lohr ?
Autor 2009/05/03 13:59:56
Ludger von Husen
[HN] Johann Gerd MEYER gen. LANGE(N)FELD(T), Stemwede (Dielingen, Haldem usw.)

[HN] Johann Meyer

Date: 2009/05/04 00:25:59
From: Lora Henn <henn(a)...

My great grandfather, Johann Meyer, was a student of the Missionhaus in Hermansberg and studied under Theodor Harms.  I have heard that students had to write a brief autobiography when they entered the Missionhaus.  I was wondering if you have any information on Johann Meyer.

This is what I know.  He was born April 20, 1840 in Giersdorf.  His parents were Henry Meyer and Catherine, nee Maass.  Both of his parents died when he was 12-14 years old.  Johann was not a strong, healthy young man.  He had hoped to be a missionary to Africa but was persuaded to go to Wisconsin instead.  He arrived in Milwaukee on December 24, 1870 and was accompanied by his friend Pastor Hagedorn.

He was followed by his fiance, Anna Meta Behnken in 1871.  Johann Meyer died on December 1, 1884 in Caledonia Wisconsin.

If you could email me any further information, I would really appreciate it.

Your truly, Lora Meyer Henn
henn at redwing.net
W7211 135th Ave
Bay City WI. 54723