Barbara Stewart
Re: [HN] Desperate for assistance
Datum 2009/02/04 12:58:51
David Muldner
[HN] MELCHIOR
2009/02/03 16:37:49
Donald Roddy
Re: [HN] German town names
Betreff 2009/02/04 21:54:14
Follmer, Leon
Re: [HN] German town names
2009/02/13 10:15:41
Ebeling-Verden(a)t-online.de
Re: [HN] Suche Müller (Beruf)-Familie GOHDE in Dörverden, Dovemühlen (Verden), Hoppenstedt/H öppenstedt (Bergen), Kuhmühlen, Rotenburg, Sittensen, Weitzmühlen (Kirchlinteln)
Autor 2009/02/23 19:29:41
Efhensel
[HN] FN KLOSTERMEYER aus Buer und Osnabrück, 1 800-1880

Re: [HN] German town names

Date: 2009/02/04 12:41:32
From: Efhensel <Efhensel(a)...

Make sure the places are spelled correctly. Use _www.viamichelin_
(http://www.viamichelin)  for example.
Niedersachsen is the present state,  Formerly the Kingdom of Hannover.  The
City of Hannover is the capital of Niedersachsen.
Kreis (roughly the equivalent of county) is also useful.
Most of the "hamlets" you list, are not hamlets, but towns or cities  (stadt).
Hope this helps.
Eckhard Hensel

In einer eMail vom 2009-02-03 15:57:14 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt
eltribs(a)...

Could  someone clarify the proper town name order . Some are counties or
regions or  states.
In US it would be something like this for my  home.
Counrty,  Region,      State ,     County,   Town,         Vilage
    Shenandoah
US,       Northeast, New York, Dutchess, East Fishkill, Hopewell  Junction,
Hamlet
This is what I have for the Kielhorn family in  Germany. Is this correct?
Country    Region?       State
Germany,   Niedersachsen,  Hannover.
Hamlets    Hildesheim, Marienrode,  Oberg, Dedenhauser, Koldingen, Verden,
Seesen.
I have written  bistumsarchiv(a)... for vital records of the
Kielhorn's in  Hamlets above but they have not answered yet.
Thanks for your  Help
Howard Banney