Wilfried Petersen
Re: [HN] Oetting in Neustadt a.R.
Datum

2006/12/28 23:21:14
J b
Re: [HN] finding great-grandfather
Betreff 2006/12/16 20:09:48
ksturges
[HN] From Keith Sturges to Connie Miller
2006/12/28 05:42:01
Edith M Burk
Re: [HN] finding great-grandfather
Autor 2006/12/06 20:26:51
Erbensucher
Re: [HN] G√ľnt(h)er in Hannover

Re: [HN] finding great-grandfather

Date: 2006/12/31 23:30:47
From: Edith M Burk <emburk(a)...

Hello JB
Yes, Emma is a daughter of Peter & Elsabe Claussen.  She apparently was
not born in Heide, as no
record was found.  Emma would be my great-Aunt, Sister to my
grandfather-Johann Peter.

She would have been 17 or 18 when she had her son, Peter William
Schilling.  Don't know if she was
married to the father or not, since she immigrated 2 months after he was
born
I have copy of her death certificate, which does not list an informant,
so can only assume the funeral home
filled in what info they could.  A copy of newspaper clipping lists her
son, Peter, as surviving her, but he was
not listed as executor of her will.  Evidently he did not go to her
funeral.
She was 20 (?) when she married Henry Schramm in 1883.  The 1885 Iowa
Census lists them living in Sac county,
Clinton township. In 1900 they were living in Sac county, Levey Township,
Iowa and Emma's Mother (Elsa) was
living with them.   I haven't located them yet, in 1910 census, but am
still looking.

I have a copy of Peter Schilling's death certificate and a copy of his
will and a newspaper clipping about the funeral.
(Informant on the certificate was his son Peter Jr.)

Have I cleared up the questions?

Edith Burk in Texas.