s-kocer
[HN] Schamann und Aschemann
Re: [HN] Gartenweg 6
2006/12/21 17:30:51
Gerd Lauing
Re: [HN] Gartenweg 6
2006/12/18 19:02:40
Allen T.
Re: [HN] Gartenweg 6
Autor 2006/12/03 21:16:13
Andrea Korbanka
Re: [HN] was bedeutet OHEIM

Re: [HN] Gartenweg 6

Date: 2006/12/22 05:22:05
From: Allen T. <athn(a)...

Hi Gerd,

Thank you for taking the time to look up the names at Gartenweg 6. I really appreciate it. Early on in my quest to find Heinrich Haupt and his family, it was suggested that the address from the port entry record that was spelled "Garteneg 6", might should have been "Gartenweg 6". The logic being that it is known that there was a street with this name in 1925. To wit:

The  residents of  Gartenweg around 1925  are to be found in  the Adressbuch
from that year that was distributed door to door. According to the
adressbuch the Gartenweg 6 was at that time from the Wunstorfer strasse seen
the third house on the right handside.
This information coming from Dr. Karljosef Kreter at Stadtarchiv Hannover . It was logical, then, to pursue this line of reasoning in searching for the Haupts at Gartenweg 6 in 1925. Given, thanks to the efforts of Gerd, that no-one with the name of Haupt was found at this address, perhaps I should reconsider that the name of the street should indeed be "Garteneg?"

Perhaps there was not a spelling error, and the address is "Garteneg 6" and not "Gartenweg? I think I need to have another look at the street names for 1925 and earlier. I am reluctant to make another request, this time asking the Stadtarchiv Hannover to check "Garteneg"--my request may quickly find its way to the delete button. How many times can you ask someone to dig out the 1925 map and look up something and still be in their good graces? I am open to suggestions here...Does anyone have access to an address book from 1925 and earlier. And, while I'm coming up with all these questions, what other options might be available that would help me match a name to an address?

Thanks again to all who have helped me with my quest. I wish you all a merry Christmas and the best in Holiday Cheer.

Best regards,
Allen

Gerd Lauing wrote:
Hello Allen,
wherever and whoever you are,
here is the information about the inhabitants of Gartenweg 6 in Limmer (transcription of umlauts!):
in 1925 and 1926
groundfloor
MAETZ, Georg, railway assistant, owner, in 1926/27 master switchman (retired)
BEISSMANN, Ludwig, stove-fitter
DOWIDEIT, Richard, businessman
GROSS, Heinrich, innkeeper (canteen)
1st floor
HENZE, Heinrich, workman
KIELHORN, Alfred, master shoemaker
REUM, Alwin, locksmith
SCHULTZER, Anna, née MUELLER, widow
2nd floor
DOERSCHEL, Anna, ironer
GREVE, Max, foreman
LAMBERT, Richard, foreman
PAPENBERG, Heinrich, boiler-maker
3rd floor
ANDRAE, Richard, locksmith
GOEHRING, Hans, furrier

in 1924 the same persons whithout DOWIDEIT, Richard

perhaps you are interested in inhabitants of 1950/51:
MAETZ, Georg, same owner like in 1925, but he lived there no more
the other inhabitants:
BARTELS, I
BEISMANN, L
DOERSCHEL, O
EICKE, L
GONSIOROWSKI, W
KEHNE, U
KLENKE, K
KUSCHEL, T
LEHNHOFF, E
SCHILLING, K
SCHOEPKE, M
SCHOEPKE, V
SCHROEDER, M
TIDOW, L
For this year I cannot give the full names.
I hope it is helpful for you.
Kind regards
Gerd (Lauing)