J b
Re: [HN] 19th century German censuses PS
Datum 2006/12/15 02:50:37
Rena McCarthy
[HN] WALLHERMFECHTEL
2006/12/14 19:40:43
AJHattorf
Re: [HN] Genealogy.com versus Ancestry.com (J b)
Betreff 2006/12/15 13:36:56
AJHattorf
Re: [HN] Genealogy.com versus Ancestry.com (J b)
2006/12/15 01:38:40
J b
Re: [HN] 19th century German censuses PS
Autor 2006/12/15 02:52:39
J b
Re: [HN] Secretive

Re: [HN] Genealogy.com versus Ancestry.com (J b)

Date: 2006/12/15 02:07:56
From: J b <johnbrene(a)...

Über-Armin <AJHattorf(a)... wrote:

To be honest not only the US Hattorf or Hattorff how the old name was
written were related i could not find a single Hattorff in Germany who is not
somewhere related to another one.

There is only ONE big Hattorf family tree beginning about 1241 with gaps
then in 1398 he is beginning to be sure. And you can trace back all Hattorfs you
ever find back to that one family living in Duderstadt and Osterode in the
13th century.

So all Hattorffs in the USA are related i told you before even if they
sometimes think the do not want to be related to someone who is living in NY when
they are from VA. lol North vs. South the old story.

I can only tell you then that this is something of an eye opener for many from this side of the pond. Hard to believe really, when we on this end are so used to running across identical surnames to our own but upon further investigation can find no connection whatsoever (even looking beyond those whose names may have been altered from the original after arriving in the States).

So no strange Hattorff found till today, ok for the last two i have to find
a proof, but i hope to get it soon.

So most of the Hattorfs are coming from the Bremen line.

I am only that much more impressed then. I believe you can rightfully say you are the current Master Über Researcher of that family name. Anyone in the states with a Hattorf connection who is pursuing genealogy should be leaping for joy (and assist you anywhere they can with legwork or financial chips). But alas, many have interest in family history but don't want to be the ones to have to do the actual dirty work, or even help those who do with small contributions. Old story of course. That we should all be so lucky though to have someone like you come knocking one fine day!

Wishing you continued success my friend.

Jb

PS. I see Sandra Powell snagged that info you were seeking. Our little Kuhdorf continues to blink brightly. :-)

All-in-one security and maintenance for your PC.  Get a free 90-day trial! http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwlo0050000002msn/direct/01/?href=http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwlo0050000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.windowsonecare.com/?sc_cid=msn_hotmail