J b
Re: [HN] 19th century German censuses
Datum 2006/12/14 13:59:09
J b
Re: [HN] 19th century German censuses PS
2006/12/14 18:37:21
J b
Re: [HN] Genealogy.com versus Ancestry.com
Betreff 2006/12/14 15:16:44
J b
Re: [HN] Genealogy.com versus Ancestry.com (J b)
2006/12/14 06:42:30
AJHattorf
[HN] Genealogy.com versus Ancestry.com (Julia Hattorff)
Autor 2006/12/14 19:40:43
AJHattorf
Re: [HN] Genealogy.com versus Ancestry.com (J b)

[HN] Genealogy.com versus Ancestry.com (J b)

Date: 2006/12/14 13:42:05
From: AJHattorf <AJHattorf(a)...

Hi John
Nice to hear from you. Yes at the present time i am sitting hear  headbanging
against my beautiful new screen. lol.

This is true each provider has some datas that others dont have .... and so
i hoped to find someone in the list who may take a look on Julia Hattorff at
genealogy.com. Very well knowing that in perhaps half a year or perhaps one
year those datas might be suddenly available at ancestry.com too. But who has
all the time of the world to sit here and wait when there are so many
questions  about those family secrets.

I have meanwhile a pretty collection of misspellings of my name, which is
surely not complete. Let me give you an example i have found Pauline Hattorff
and her children in 1908 searching at Ellis Island. As i found them there they
were misspelled as Hattarf what is close to the real name.

Now that ancestry has taken the datas from Ellis too, i wondered why i cant
find Pauline in 1908. So i was looking exactly the date on which i found them
at  Ellis Island and what did i found at ancestry.com. She is misspelled as
Pauline  Hallanf what a beautiful new version.

Ok enjoy my little horror shop this is what i really found till today at
ancestry.com and under all those name real Hattorf(f) s are hidden:

Vn  hattore, Haltorf,  Hatorff,  Huttorf,  Hartthorff,  Hatton,  Hatterf,
Hattoff,  Hatorf,  Hatturff,  Hatlorf,  Holtorf,  Fattore,  Hattorp,  Hattori,
Hattory,  Hattorss,  Haltfor,  Hattery,  Hallorf,  Hatoff,  Hattorfff,
Hatdorf,  Hallanf, Hattorg,  Hattdorf.
So  have a nice ancestry  hunt
Armin