Holger Bremer
Re: [HN] Gartens of Hannover--Heinrich Haupt, 1925
Datum 2006/12/06 00:44:06
Rohde.I(a)t-online.de
Re: [HN] Neustadt-Goedens
2006/12/06 06:29:15
AJHattorf
Re: [HN] KGL Records
Re: [HN] KGL records at Record Office Kew England
2006/12/01 13:59:56
terry white
Re: [HN] Johann August Hattorf(f) Sergeant in the KGL
Autor 2006/12/03 13:50:07
thorsten
[HN] was bedeutet OHEIM

[HN] KGL records at Record Office Kew England

Date: 2006/12/06 00:16:45
From: terry white <terryak.white(a)...

5.12.06

Hi there,

For those of you  who asked for me to look up KGL soldiers  in the list
at the National Record Office,

I went up today, as I found that I had some other things to research,
and have gone through the book on the Kings German Legion  in the
library there.

Before I list what I found, I should explain that there are 3 lists in
the book, which was produced by Len Metzner of the Anglo-German Family
History Society.

I'll number them A B and C so that you can see where the  entries that I
found came from.

A was the list of soldiers present at Waterloo on 18th June 1815.
[record reference WO12/11949 and W100/15b]

B was the list of soldiers taken from Muster rolls mostly it seems from
1808, except for the Hussars, which were from 1814. [WO25 and WO 42]

C is a list from Hanover Archive.  It is  a shorter list, and does not
explain its origin in any more detail.

Most of the following come from list B.

 I could find no Gansberg in any of the lists. Nor Morlot or Morlo.  In
list A, there was a   Josephus Morro Pte  3rd Line Battalion KGL

Nor could I find a Wolfien in any of the lists.

There were no Brummunds either. There were Brummers, and if  that would
be any good, Ron, I could go back some time and list those.

Lott   There were two entries ;

List B                         George Lott                  Sgt 8th
Company, 7th Line Battalion KGL
List A                         Frederick  Lott              Pte  3rd
Line Battalion KGL

Haultaufderhyde   I could find no members of this family name listed,
and I tried looking for variants but couldn't find any either.

Hattorf however, was  there, with variants:

List A                           Hans Hattorf        Capt 1st Light
Dragoons KGL
                                    Geo. Hattorff        Severely
wounded 1st Light Dragoons KGL

List B                            Hattorf  George     Cornet  8th Troop
1st Heavy Dragoons KGL
                                                 George     Lieut    8th
Troop 1st Heavy Dragoons KGL
                                                 Hans        Capt
3rd Troop  2nd Heavy Dragoons KGL
                                    Hattorff   August      Sgt      1st
Troop 1st Light Dragoons KGL
                                                 August      Sgt Major
10th Troop  1st Hussars

and I thought I would include this as it might be an error in
transcription:

List B                             Hastorff   John        Pte  3rd
Company 3rd Line Battalion

Burgdorf    No sign of a Julius Wilhelm, I'm afraid, Max, but I  have
listed the names that were there, with variants.

List C                           Burgdorf  Peter age  22 of Luneburg
List B                           Burgdorff   Henry Pte  6th Company 2nd
Line Battalion KGL
                                                   Peter  Pte   5th
Company 5th Line Battalion KGL
List A                           Burgdorff John,  Bugler, 1st Light
Battalion KGL

Fehlig  There were no Fehligs, but there were  FEHLINGS . I wrote them
down Bob, even though  you thought it too early for your ancestor, and
this may not be relevant. But it was only four names. For reference

List B                             Fehling  Johan    Pte 1st Troop  2nd
Light Dragoons KGL
                                                  John      Pte 1st
Troop  2nd Hussars KGL
                                                  Jno        Pte 1st
Company  1st Light Infantry Battalion
List A                             Fehling   John     Pte 1st Light
Battalion      KILLED

Finally Hillmer   in various variants,  had 11 entries.

List A                             Hillmer, Hans  Wm    Pte   3rd
Hussars KGL
                                                  Henry           Sgt
3rd Hussars KGL
List B                             Hillmer   Christian      Pte    4th
Troop   1st Light Dragoons KGL
                                                   Francies      Farrier
4rd Company  KGL Art       ( I copied what this said,  I guess Art means
"Artillery")
                                                   H Wilh         Pte
4th Troop 3rd Hussars KGL
                                                   Heinr.          Cpl
4th Troop 3rd Hussars  KGL
                                                   Henry          Pte
5th Company  1st Light Infantry Battalion KGL
                                      Hillmers  Heinrich      Pte   4th
Troop 3rd Light Dragoons KGL
                                      Hillwers   John          Pte   1st
Company  4th Line Battalion KGL
                                      Hilmers   Johann       Pte    5th
Troop 1st Heavy Dragoons KGL
                                      Hilmker   Christopher Pte    5th
Troop 1st Heavy Dragoons KGL

I hope that something here is of some use to any or all of you.  I also
hope that I haven't missed anybody's request out.

Terry