J b
RE: [HN] POW Camp
Datum 2006/01/24 01:58:47
Ray & Gina Einig
[HN] The name Jobst
2006/01/23 23:29:06
Lois Kamlage
Re: [HN] Re: [HNSpeckman/Leimkuehler
Betreff 2006/01/24 15:51:38
bmspeckman
Re: [HN] Re: [HNSpeckman/Leimkuehler
Re: [HN] Re: Help me find a resource (for Feindt family)
Re: [HN] Map

Re: [HN] Re: [HNSpeckman/Leimkuehler

Date: 2006/01/24 00:21:10
From: R&B Stewart <raybarbara(a)...

Hi,

     There is a town by the name of Recke which is in Westfalen. It is west
of Osnabrück near the border of what-was Hannover.  It is north of
Ibbenbüren. It is a medium-size town which should be easy to find on
mapquest.com.  The LDS has these records:

   Kirchenbuch, 1609-1876  Katholische Kirche Recke (Kr. Tecklenburg)

Kirchenbuch, 1685-1967  Evangelische Kirche Recke (Kr. Tecklenburg)

Kirchenbuch, 1750  Katholische Kirche Recke (Kr. Tecklenburg)

Kirchenbuchduplikat, 1809-1874  Katholische Kirche Recke (Kr. Tecklenburg)

Kirchenbuchduplikat, 1810-1874  Evangelische Kirche Recke (Kr. Tecklenburg)

     Lage and Leopoldshöhe are north of the Haustenbeck area which is north
of Paderborn, also in Westfalen, but not close to Recke.

     I have no idea where Srice is--I wonder if that is not the correct
spelling.

Barbara