Sven Honerkamp
[HN] Speckmann from Wellingholzhausen, Melle
Datum 2006/01/19 00:35:29
J b
Re: [HN] (no subject) Speckman
Re: [HN] Re: Request: web sites of German churches
Betreff 2006/01/19 01:23:17
J b
RE: [HN] Research
Re: [HN] Heinrich George Christoph Gotlieb VOGES
Re: [HN] Speckman

[HN] Research

Date: 2006/01/18 23:47:43
From: R&B Stewart <raybarbara(a)...

Hi J B,

      Hire a researcher???  No way, that's too easy!  You only do that when
you've exhausted every single bit of info you can find.  Even then, you hope
and pray that the LDS will eventually copy all the records for EVERYWHERE.
Probably not in our lifetime. Anyway, there are so many resources that you
touch every base, beg people, search every mailing list and message board.
And Google is getting so good supplying more and more info.  The hunt is
what makes it fun.  Don't you have lots of friends and relatives who think
you're nuts??  Dead relatives? who cares?  My problem is I never know when
to stop. I should be working on some England/Scotland stuff and Bavaria
stuff and some loose ends in Hannover besides. I wish Bavaria would have a
list for English-speaking folk.  I know the Rootsweb one is there, but not
as many Germans write on that one as they do here.

   Sorry I forgot to write Speckman in my response on my last letter! That
is so helpful in the long run.

Barbara