pharmaxx
[HN] Hannover-Burgdorf
Datum 2006/01/12 07:06:15
Cactus Flower
RE: [HN] Brg.Anz. (Was Burgdorf)
2006/01/12 00:05:04
pharmaxx
[HN] Hannover-Burgdorf
Re: [HN] Hannover-Burgdorf
2006/01/11 09:36:27
Cactus Flower
RE: [HN] Hannover Burgdorf Family
Autor 2006/01/12 07:06:15
Cactus Flower
RE: [HN] Brg.Anz. (Was Burgdorf)

RE: [HN] Hannover-Burgdorf

Date: 2006/01/12 06:14:10
From: Cactus Flower <barbie8674(a)...

Dear Max,

Not sure in the Ictus Solis..:)

Might be able to "google" a website out that has glossary of old disease names.

What I found interesting on the hospital data was that it said this Wilhelm had been in New Orleans for 4 years. Perhaps you might find him on a passenger list ,on 1850 and/or later census ', a civil or church record, newspaper mention, obituary, obitury relating to his descendents, and discover a family connection that enables you to discover your German Roots.

Is my theory to explore "possibles" when stuck for information. This Wilhelm appears to share in common to your research the locality of New Orleans, and similar surname. You might get lucky. Or might be another dead end to cross off your list.

There are 15 New Orleans obituary listed for the surname Burgdorf at this site:

http://obits.gno.lib.la.us/scripts/minisa.dll/144/NOPL?LOGONFORM

I just listed a few of the older ones. Might be worth obtaining the obits of the persons that share your surname that you are not familiar with. You might find a little piece of information, like an address or an additional name that will help to complete your quest.

How to order obits:

http://obits.gno.lib.la.us/nopl/orderingobits.htm

Louisiana Division
New Orleans Public Library
219 Loyola Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70112

The charge is $2.00 per obituary. A little expensive when compared to the quarter per St. Louis County Special Collections charges. New Orleans Library system probobly could really use the money. If you order more than one obituary per individual there is only very slight chance that information will vary so they recommend discretion.

My experience is that usually multiple obits for single individual usually are identical but on occassion there are corrections, or a burial location is added.

Sometimes a burial permit is published as well as an obituary.

The burial permits often include cause of death and the address of deceased which helps if obituary doesn't include deceased home address.

Barbie-Lew