Björn Sassenberg
Re: [HN] Hanover
2006/01/11 04:27:34
pharmaxx
[HN] Burgdorf Family
Betreff 2006/01/21 01:32:31
Betty Depee
[HN] Charles Loges
2006/01/09 12:09:23
Bernd Görtz
[HN] Mixed Civil- / Churchbooks - was: German terminology in burial records
Autor 2006/01/21 01:32:31
Betty Depee
[HN] Charles Loges

[HN] Burgdorf in Hildesheim

Date: 2006/01/09 21:06:14
From: Bernd Görtz <bernd.goertz(a)...

Hi Max,

1. Burgdorf is a common name in Hildesheim and the region around Hildesheim.

2. It is true, there was (is) a country district Hildesheim. It was called
Landkreis Hildesheim-Marienburg.

3. Hildesheim had and has some protestantic churches. The most famous and
well known is the Michaelis church. But there are also some others (e.g.
Lamberti, St. Andreas). What churches do you have checked to find Julius
Wilhelm Burgdorf?

4. In case of a birth in one of the villages of the county district it will
be a very hard search to find it. In this case you should select all the
evangelical villages around Hildesheim and then test it! Do you know what it
is, a sisiphus-work? A work that will never end!

5. There was no civil registration in Hildesheim around 1835.

Due to this, first of all you should be sure that he is not born in the town
Hildesheim. Ask the professional genealogist whether he checked all churches
with no exception within the city and ask him, to name the churches.

Best regards
Bernd

>> I am searching for the birthplace, baptismal location, etc of my
ggrandfather
>> Julis Wilhelm Burgdorf. He states on a document he attested to in New
Orleans