Cactus Flower
[HN] Ortsfamilien-Datenbank Berßen - Where is B erßen located?
Re: [HN] Richter
2005/10/30 08:59:26
Rikus kaijer
[HN] Richter
Re: [HN] Richter
2005/10/30 17:46:41
k-d-wolf
[HN] Gebe günstig Trauregister und andere ab
Autor 2005/10/09 09:01:25
Klaus Gevert
AW: [HN] Matthies aus Hannover Linden

Re: [HN] Richter

Date: 2005/10/30 14:42:40
From: Kathy Reed <khreed(a)...

I'm open to being corrected on this. However, I read an article that said that in this part of Germany, the child was actually "known" by the last name in the list -- just the opposite of in the U.S. This is true for my family. I can also tell you that first and in some cases second generation immigrants in this country followed the same nameing convention. If I look at baptismal records for my family here in Cincinnati and northern KY, they usually were given three names but were "known" by the last name in the list. I have a grandmother, for instance, who was baptized using the German naming convention but her birth certificate reads just the opposite. I know of several other cases like that.

I'm sure others are more knowledgeable. I, too, have done a fair amount off research in the Neuenkirchen area and seen the name Richter in the records.

Kathy Reed
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rikus kaijer" <rikusk(a)...