Maureen
Re: [HN] Questions about the 1833, 1836, 1842, 1845, and 1848 Hannover Censuses ...
Datum 2003/09/10 06:34:45
Mary Atwood
Re: [HN] Minning emigration Hanover to New Orleans Louisiana USA
2003/09/16 05:59:27
.... valentine53179
[HN] koenig.....
Betreff 2003/09/10 06:34:45
Mary Atwood
Re: [HN] Minning emigration Hanover to New Orleans Louisiana USA
2003/09/11 18:59:11
AndiStef
[HN] Re: Hannover-L digest, Vol 1 #1081 - 4 msgs
Autor 2003/09/25 08:54:17
Barbara Eckrath
[HN] Kirchenb├╝cher Schermbeck Kreis Wesel

[HN] Minning emigration Hanover to New Orleans Louisiana USA

Date: 2003/09/10 06:26:46
From: Atwood <atwood(a)...

Hi, I am new to this list. I am excited to find some new information that might give me my first documented connection to Europe for my family. I need help in finding the documentation to support these suggested facts:

Fritz or Frederich MINNING - there are two people but I am not clear on the one who is married to Elizabeth HASSENROUGH. The information I found says that Elizabeth and her two sons, Rudolph (b. 1850) and Henrich (b. 1852) emigrated from Germany to New Orleans, Louisiana USA arriving 25 November 1857. She was met in New Orleans by her husband (either Fritz or Frederich) and possibly their daughter, Eliza (b. about 1848). Elizabeth (the mother) was born in 1848 in Germany. She is from Hanoveria (is this the same as Hanover?). The ship was D.M. Watjen.

What would be the likely German names that became MINNING? Is HASSENROUGH truly a German surname or is it misspelled?

Thanks for any help or suggestions on where to find more information.

Mary
in California