Paul Scheele
Re: [HN] Dohrmanns in Buecken/Bucken
Datum 2003/09/06 06:00:51
Neil and Marilyn Heimsoth
Re: [HN] Dohrmanns in Buecken/Bucken
2003/09/05 23:40:42
Paul Scheele
Re: [HN] Dohrmanns in Buecken/Bucken
Betreff 2003/09/06 06:00:51
Neil and Marilyn Heimsoth
Re: [HN] Dohrmanns in Buecken/Bucken
2003/09/02 14:16:57
Frances Faitt
Re: [HN] Hannover Censuses Microfilmed by the LDS Church
Autor 2003/09/06 06:45:51
Fred Buck
[HN] Buck in Benton County, Missouri and in the Parish of Lamstedt in Hannover

Re: [HN] Dohrmanns in Buecken/Bucken

Date: 2003/09/06 04:00:27
From: Fred Buck <fredbuck(a)...

Dear Mark

I agree with Paul that the nearest regular train station to Bücken is
Eystrup.  My ADAC Maxi Atlas indicates that a tourist train
(Museumeisenbahn) also runs from Eystrup to Hoya (a distance of about 5
miles/8 km).  Bücken is about 2 miles/3.2 km south of Hoya and Altenbücken
is about 0.5 miles/0.8 km east of Bücken.  You may be able to find out more
(schedule, rates, etc.) about this tourist train via the Internet.

If you are not able to get a taxi or bus in Eystrup, you may be able to rent
a bicycle at the train station.  The region around the Weser River should be
fairly flat.

The Dohrmann name is fairly common in the region around Lamstedt (about 60
miles/96 km north of Bücken).  The family in that region were well known as
millers, both of water mills and I believe wind mills.  This caused the
family to spread out as more mills were being developed in the region.

I myself am a distant descendant of the Lamstedt Dohrmann family and I know
of other descendants (with the name Wilshusen) who moved to Australia in the
late 1850's.

I also wish you the best of luck on your trip,

Fred Buck
Cincinnati, Ohio