[HN] Jacob KUHNE b @1820 in Lenne, Braunschweig
2003/05/02 06:32:29
[HN] Germans to Hawaii - Danke
Betreff 2003/05/05 22:17:30
[HN] Given name "Vinebat"?
2003/05/02 04:14:49
gutt morgan
Autor 2003/05/04 19:14:28
gutt morgan
Re: [HN] Borstelmanns Zufallsfunde I

Re: [HN] Germans to Hawaii,

Date: 2003/05/03 19:41:31
From: gutt morgan <guttmorgan(a)...

That is interesting. I met someone on the internet with family wither in washington or oregon. His grandmother was Sylvia Meyer and connected to a Henrickson and Vogel of Main, Germany. They came from Ohio also. I know she worked in Hawaii and was a florist. And ended up in As I say Either oregon or Washington. [ I can look it up if anyone is intersted] They soon had a batch of meyers in new found settlement of Oregon or washington.. I used to wonder why they were in Hawaii. Sugar cane work may have been tough work. I deliberated on searching for this family. They are not my family. You may have made it a bit easier for me to begin if I were to do so. Perhaps they went to Hawaii because they were involved in fighting against Hitler. [quite a little story there.]
anyway, just wanted to put in a little tidbit, in case anyone interested.
gutt morgan