gutt morgan
Re: [HN] PRZYBILLE in USA
Datum 2003/05/02 05:53:18
... valentine53179
Re: [HN] PRZYBILLE in USA
2003/05/02 04:14:49
gutt morgan
Re: [HN] PRZYBILLE in USA
Betreff 2003/05/02 05:53:18
... valentine53179
Re: [HN] PRZYBILLE in USA
2003/05/25 02:00:12
JO.
Re: [HN] Warnecke
Autor 2003/05/03 10:49:34
Juergen Drees
Re: [HN] TEICHMILLER, HOFFMAN, Families

Re: [HN] PRZYBILLE in USA

Date: 2003/05/02 04:38:53
From: John Siemon <jsiemon(a)...

Jürgen,

I have a 1900 Census Index CD for the Mid-Atlantic States (Maryland,
Delaware, District of Columbia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia and West
Virginia).  It lists the following names that are similar:

The name Michael Przybyl appears in the 1900 census
State: Pennsylvania
County: Berks
Location: Reading
Microfilm Roll Number: 1377
Microfilm Page Number: 104

The name Peter Przybyl appears in the 1900 census
State: Ohio
County: Lorain
Location: Black River Township
Microfilm Roll Number: 1295
Microfilm Page Number: 135

The name Frank Przybylak appears in the 1900 census
State: Pennsylvania
County: Allegheny
Location: 27th Ward Pittsburgh
Microfilm Roll Number: 1364
Microfilm Page Number: 227

The name Mary Przybylik appears in the 1900 census
State: Maryland
County: Anne Arundel
Location: 5th District 2nd Precinct
Microfilm Roll Number: 605
Microfilm Page Number: 63

There are many similar to Przibilski, none named William, but quite a few
named John in Pennsylvania and Ohio.  As you may know, many names were often
spelled wrong in the census.

Ellis Island was not established until the 1890's, so he would not be in
their database if he arrived in New York around 1884.

After New York, the second largest Port of Immigration in the US was
Baltimore.  By the 1890's, 25% of Baltimore was German immigrants or their
children.  Many Germans bought package tickets that included their ticket
from Bremen to Baltimore, and then they immediately got on a train and
headed west to Pittsburg, Ohio, and places farther west.

I looked in the 1890 Baltimore City Directory and there were no similar
names.  Good luck.

John Siemon
Baltimore