Dsryder5
FRUECHTE and WUENNECKE
Datum 2000/05/11 01:59:18
Stephen Kent Ehat
RE: FRUECHTE and WUENNECKE
2000/05/03 04:12:12
Arnold Lang
Re: Theising
Betreff 2000/05/11 02:15:12
Rensing512
Re: WM. RIGGERT Birthplace
2000/05/16 04:36:38
Cherie Richards
Re: I'm back
Autor 2000/05/11 18:43:42
DE7255
Re: WM. RIGGERT Birthplace

WM. RIGGERT Birthplace

Date: 2000/05/10 23:41:15
From: DE7255 <DE7255(a)...

I am searching for the birthplace of my grandfather, William Christian
RIGGERT.  According to census records he was born in the Kingdom of Hanover.

William's mother, Dorothea E. (?), was born August 8, 1818 in Prussia, again
according to census records. The name of her husband was possibly Christian
Heinrich RIGGERT.  He died before the others came to the U. S. in 1869.  The
only clues that I have are that they might have come from Boeddenstedt or the
village of Bohlsen in the Uelzen area.  I believe their marriage took place
in Gerdau.

They had four children; Heinrick August Ferdinand born August 8, 1839,
William Christian born March 23, 1844 and two girls, whose names and
birthdates I have yet to find.

Although I have their naturalization papers with the month and year they came
into New York, I am unable to find them on the ship passenger lists.

I would appreciate any information as to how to search for my ancestors in
this area.

DeEtta (Riggert) Powell