Monatsdigest

John Phillips,johnp(a)gdi.net

Date: 1998/03/01 04:04:55
From: W. Fred Rump <fred(a)k2nesoft.com>

From:             owner-hannover-l(a)genealogy.net
Date sent:        Sat, 28 Feb 1998 21:56:42 +0100 (CET)
To:               owner-hannover-l(a)genealogy.net
Subject:          BOUNCE hannover-l(a)genealogy.net:  Admin request:
/^subject:\s*help\b/i

Angelika,I've noticed that you help a lot of people and would
appreciate it if you could help me. My wife's greatgreat grandparents
came from Germany and we do not have much data on them. Their
obituaries list them as being from Nue Folkwerk or Neu Volwerk and
Joenko CZ, west Prussia. Do you know if these names are correct and if
they still exist? We have not been able to find them. Thank you ever
so much for any help you can provide. John Phillips,johnp(a)gdi.net

FR

Re: John Phillips,johnp(a)gdi.net

Date: 1998/03/01 16:24:55
From: Angelika Beck <AngBeck(a)t-online.de>

Guten Tag John,

Sorry, but I never heard about Neu Folkwerk, Neu Volwerk or
Joenko. I cannot locate them on my maps. Perhaps you ask in
the Prussia-List. I for myself got very helpful responses there,
as I could not locate a place for my own research.
I will look for the places when I visit my library the next days
and will contact you after that.

Sorry, that I could not help more.

Viele Gr"usse
Angelika

Angelika Beck
Bielefeld, Germany
AngBeck(a)t-online.de

Date: 1998/03/01 18:34:51
From: Werner Honkomp <Werner.Honkomp(a)t-online.de>

W. Fred Rump schrieb:
> From:             owner-hannover-l(a)genealogy.net
> Date sent:        Sat, 28 Feb 1998 21:56:42 +0100 (CET)
> To:               owner-hannover-l(a)genealogy.net
> Subject:          BOUNCE hannover-l(a)genealogy.net:  Admin request:
> /^subject:\s*help\b/i
>

> Angelika,I've noticed that you help a lot of people and would
> appreciate it if you could help me. My wife's greatgreat grandparents
> came from Germany and we do not have much data on them. Their
> obituaries list them as being from Nue Folkwerk or Neu Volwerk and
> Joenko CZ, west Prussia. Do you know if these names are correct and if
> they still exist? We have not been able to find them. Thank you ever
> so much for any help you can provide. John Phillips,johnp(a)gdi.net
> =============
In the zip-code book I found only 17179 Neu Vorwerk. It is a very very small
village and not in my 1:200.000 map. The zip-code say, it is locate in federal
state Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, between Laage - Dargun, 25 km south-east of
Rostock. Joenko CZ must be in Chechoslowakia(CZ).

Werner Honkomp         eMail: werner.honkomp(a)t-online.de
Ziegelhofstr. 35B        URL: http://home.t-online.de/home/werner.honkomp/
26121 Oldenburg
GERMANY

Re: Could you give me some direction? /Hartlage

Date: 1998/03/01 18:36:15
From: Werner Honkomp <Werner.Honkomp(a)t-online.de>

Dear Pat,
I think your HARTLAGE is a hard nut. May be you need a professionel researcher.
A good reseacher for the region between Bremen - Osnabrück and Oldenburg is:

Falk Liebezeit
Friedrichstr.25
49356 Diepholz
GERMANY

He have not own eMail-address, you can send eMail via his employer (town hall of
Diepholz): Diepholz(a)datenautobahn.de

Regards,
Werner

Looking for Schirmer

Date: 1998/03/02 02:31:41
From: Bob Schirmer <schirm(a)hevanet.com>

I am a direct descendant of the family of Wilhelm Otto Schirmer and
Charlotte Koerber Schirmer who lived in the village of Sharzfeld or
Shargsfeld, Harz, Prussia said to be in the parish of Hanover.  They came
to the US in 1848-1850 with six of their seven sons and settled in Kentucky
in the town of Ghent on the Ohio River.  The oldest son remained in
Germany.  His name: Karl Schirmer, m. to Charlotte Weddecke.  He was born
in 1855 and died in 1898 in Germany.

Am interested in any information about their home village, Sharzfeld or
Shargsfeld;  informaton about the son and family who remained in Germany or
other Schirmers who might be connected to this family.
Bob Schirmer
Oregon City, OR
schirm(a)hevanet.com

MELKE, PROBST, BEARE

Date: 1998/03/02 03:03:53
From: SalomaB <SalomaB(a)aol.com>

Seeking info about the names MELKE, PROBST and/or BEARE.
I have posted to this list before with no results.  Maybe some new member has
heard of my family.  Hopefully, someone out there knows the name or names.
Any information will be very much appreciated.  Thanks,
SalomaB(a)aol.com

Re: MELKE, PROBST, BEARE

Date: 1998/03/02 15:36:03
From: Suzanne Bunkers <suzanne.bunkers(a)mankato.msus.edu>

The name PROBST is common in the area around Le Mars (Plymouth County)
and Alton (Sioux County), Iowa.   I'm not sure where you are located,
but you could use web phone directory resources to locate specific
names and addresses of PROBSTs.

On Sun, 01 Mar 1998 20:15:34 -0500 (EST) SalomaB <SalomaB(a)aol.com>
wrote:

> Seeking info about the names MELKE, PROBST and/or BEARE.
> I have posted to this list before with no results.  Maybe some new
> member has heard of my family.  Hopefully, someone out there knows the
> name or names. Any information will be very much appreciated.  Thanks,
> SalomaB(a)aol.com

----------------------
Suzanne Bunkers
suzanne.bunkers(a)Mankato.MSUS.EDU

How can I find a small village/place and adresses in Germany

Date: 1998/03/02 17:55:34
From: Werner Honkomp <Werner.Honkomp(a)t-online.de>

- Use electr. zip-code book to find the next greater village/city
  http://plz.postconsult.de/engindex.htm

- Use electr. map
  http://www.mapquest.com

- Federal states of Germany and Cities
  http://www.entry.de/english/

- Map of Germany in the year 1815
  http://toadstool.2u.to/saxony/map1815.html

- City-Guide Niedersachsen/Lower Saxony
  http://www.nds.de/stadtfuehrer/stdatfuehrer_eng.html

- Use electr. phone-book to find surname and addresses
  http://www.teleauskunft.de

- e-Mail addresses
  http://www.suchen.de

Regards,
Werner

http://home.t-online.de/home/werner.honkomp/

Re: Nue Folkwerk etc.

Date: 1998/03/02 22:11:23
From: Angelika Beck <AngBeck(a)t-online.de>

Guten Abend John,

At first, sorry, but I have not found anything exactly about
the mentioned locations.

Using a geographical search engine in my library I got the
following answers:

Nue Folkwerk
1.
Nowy Folwark, Wojewodztwo Chelmskie, Poland
located south east from Lublin near to the Russian border.
I am sure, that is not "your Nue Folkwerk".

2.
Nowy Folwark, Wojewodztwo Kaliskie, Poland
located west from Kalisz (former Kalisch)and north from
Ostrow.

3.
Nowy Folwark, Wojewodztwo Poznanskie, Poland
located north from Poznan (former Posen)

4.
Folwark, Wojewodztwo Elblaskie, Poland
located south from Elblag (former Elbing)

5.
Folwark, Wojewodztwo Koninskie, Poland
located east from Poznan and Gniezno

6.
Folwark, Wojewodztwo Piotrkowskie, Poland
located south from Belchatow and Trybunalski

Neu Volwerk
1.
Neu Vorwerk, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
located north west from Demmin and south from Grimmen

2.
Neues Vorwerk, Brandenburg
east from Berlin near Alt Mahlisch near the border to Poland

3.
Vorwerk
3 x in Niedersachsen and 1 x in Schleswig-Holstein

4.
Wolwark, Wojewodztwo Bydgoskie, Poland
located south west from Bydgoszcz

Joenko
1.
Jonkowo, Wojewodztwo Olsztynskie, Poland
located north from Olsztyn

2.
Jankowo
1 x Wojewodztwo Bydgoskie, Poland, north from Moglino
2 x Wojewodztwo Olsztynskie, Poland
3 x in other regions in Poland

3.
Jenkove in Slovakia

Please notice, that I do not know, if one of the mentioned
places is identical with the places you are looking for. I have
only an index about the larger towns with changed names from
German to Polish after WWII. But I have the impression, that you
have to research in the former German regions in the north of
Poland.
If you do not like to ask in another list I would easily ask
about the places in the newsgroup "soc.genealogy.german", because
without an exact birthplace the search is very difficult.

Sorry, that I could not help more. When you have any questions
please contact me.

Viele Gr"usse
Angelika

Angelika Beck
Bielefeld, Germany
AngBeck(a)t-online.de

Date: 1998/03/03 01:06:45
From: John Phillips <johnp(a)gdi.net>

Werner, thank you ever so much for the info. If there's anything we can
ever help you with on this side of the ocean, please let us know.

I spent several weeks in Bremen in 1980/81. I was working at ERNO on the
Spacelab. I really enjoyed meeting the people and the countryside. I
didn't have time for genealogy until I retired. Anyhow, thanks again for
your help.

John Phillips

Request for Information: HUELSEBUS (HUELSEBUSCH)

Date: 1998/03/05 05:42:10
From: JOHNFUES <JOHNFUES(a)aol.com>

I am looking for information concerning the ancestors of Albert B. HUELSEBUS
(or HUELSEBUSCH) born 09Jan1812.  He emigrated to the US in 1874 from
Hannover.  Prior to emigrating, I believe he was living in or near the town of
Steinfeld (Stenderfeld?), Hannover.  Also I am looking for information on his
wives' ancestry:  Hannah HES(S)ENIUS; Frecke HUSMANN born 19Mar1839, possibly
in Glansdorf Ostfriesland (or Glansdorp); and Gerda HARRIMAN(N).

                                                        John Fuester
Johnfues(a)aol.com

Re: Hanover

Date: 1998/03/05 06:02:10
From: W. Fred Rump <fred(a)k2nesoft.com>

In soc.genealogy.german, Jim Eggert <EggertJ(a)ll.mit.edu> wrote:

jbeck88803(a)aol.com (JBeck88803) writes:

> What was the that Hanover was called a town, what year was is changed to the
> Kingdom of Hanover?

I'm sorry, but this question doesn't parse.  I think you are asking
when Hannover was a town and when it was a kingdom.

Hannover the city was chartered as a city in 1241, but its first
recording in extant documents was in 1100.  It joined the Hanseatic
League in 1386.  Starting 1495 it belonged to the Calenberg-Celle line
of the House of Welf, and was its seat starting in 1636.  It was the
capital of the Kingdom of Hannover from 1815 to 1866, of the Prussian
and then German province of Hannover from 1866 to 1946, and of the
German state of Niedersachsen (Lower Saxony) from 1946 to the current
day.

Hannover the state was first an electorate of the Holy Roman Empire
from 1692 to 1806.  It was in personal union with Britain from 1714 to
1837, which means it had the same ruler as Britain, though it was a
separate country.  Hannover was occupied by the France and the Prussia
during the Napoleonic Wars, and was divided between the French Empire
and the Kingdom of Westphalia for part of this time.  Hannover was a
kingdom from 1814 to 1866.  Its last ruler was the blind King George
V, who fled just before Hannover became a Prussian province in 1866.
As part of Prussia, Hannover participated in the German unification in
1871.  After WWII it was briefly reestablished as a state, and then
combined with some smaller states (Oldenburg, Braunschweig, and
Schaumburg-Lippe) to form the German state of Niedersachsen.  There is
a Regierungsbezirk (district) in Niedersachsen called Hannover; its
current boundaries were set in 1977.

Most of this stuff you can find in a good encyclopedia.

--
=Jim Eggert   EggertJ(a)LL.mit.edu

W. Fred Rump    fred(a)k2nesoft.com
26 Warren St.   fred(a)compu.com
Beverly, NJ
609-386-6846    http://www.k2nesoft.com/~fred

Re: Hanover

Date: 1998/03/05 06:20:45
From: JOHNFUES <JOHNFUES(a)aol.com>

Thanks for all of the information on Hanover.  As I understand it, my great
grandfather was born in the state of Hanover in 1812, which you indicate later
became a kingdom.  A family album I have shows the town he was born in was
Stenfelderfelt.  But I was told by someone in Germany that it really must be a
town by the name of Steinfeld.  Again, thanks for the information.

                                                          John F.

Steenfelderfeld

Date: 1998/03/05 06:40:59
From: Frank J GA <FrankJGA(a)aol.com>

<< A family album I have shows the town he was born in was
 Stenfelderfelt.  But I was told by someone in Germany that it really must be
 town by the name of Steinfeld.  >>

How about this:

STEENFELDERFELD  5307W  727N  Germany 251.6 miles WNW of Berlin

 <A HREF="http://www1.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/loctown.htm";>JewishGen
ShtetlSeeker</A>  (My personal favorite site!!!)

http://www1.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/loctown.htm

Frank Johnston

Hannover Research

Date: 1998/03/09 04:53:42
From: Andrea Wetzstein <awetzste(a)ptialaska.net>

Is there a research firm or person available for the Hannover area; more specifically the Equord area (near Peine and Hohenhameln)?  Please contact me privately.  Thank you.
Andrea Wetzstein (awetzste(a)ptialaska.net)

Ahrend Family

Date: 1998/03/09 05:16:17
From: Ethel Spiers <DIXIE1(a)webtv.net>

Is there anyone researching the AHREND family from the Lautenthal area
of the Kingdom
of Hannover? I would appreciate any help at
all with my GGGF. Wilhelm Augustus Dietrich
AHREND b. 3/6/1822 there. Any info. on the
surname AHREND appreciated.
Thanks
Carl

Re: Hannover Research

Date: 1998/03/09 06:15:17
From: Wilfred Hoffman <hoffmann(a)telusplanet.net>

If Werner does not see your message -contact him direct.I beleive he can help you find proffessional researcher-
http://home.t-online.de/home/werner.honkomp
Wilf.

Andrea Wetzstein wrote:

> Is there a research firm or person available for the Hannover area; more specifically the Equord area (near Peine and Hohenhameln)?  Please contact me privately.  Thank you.
> Andrea Wetzstein (awetzste(a)ptialaska.net)

Lieber

Date: 1998/03/09 14:43:40
From: PHeisel <PHeisel(a)aol.com>

             I would like the following information:

                Where in Hannover did the ruling family live?

                Any help with the name LIEBER.  My ggrandfather was GEORGE
LIEBER born in Hannover. My ggrandmother MARIE WANNSCHAFFE or WAHNSCHAFFE born
in Hannover. MY grandfather CARL LIEBER was born Feb.26, 1860 in Hof, Bavaria.

                 Brother ROBERT LIEBER  who came to U.S. in the 1880`s.

             Pat Heisel
            PHeisel @ aol

Re: Lieber

Date: 1998/03/09 15:14:18
From: Fred&Sande Kattau <fd.sskattau.kyzr(a)worldnet.att.net>

If you refer to the country for dwelling place of the Hanoverian ruker,
it wasw in the City of Hanover in a (currently) park/museum on the
southwest side.  Of course if you read your history, you.ll find that a
portion of the time was spent in Windsor castle near London.  The
Kingdom, as Kingdoms go, of Hanover, was sort of short lived.  But
that's another story from the history books.
No secrects, just read.

--
Another Fred
=^.^=

RE: Hannover Research

Date: 1998/03/10 04:09:12
From: Andrea Wetzstein <awetzste(a)ptialaska.net>

Yes, Werner did respond directly to my message.  Thank you for the information.

<<application/ms-tnef>>

Family research

Date: 1998/03/12 20:35:47
From: Kenneth K. Schubring <rkschubr(a)bellsouth.net>

I am doing research for my husband, Kenneth Karl Schubring, Atlanta, Georgia.  His
parents and grandparents are deceased and he is looking for any relatives of the
following family.  From our records we have been told this:

August WILKE ( Came to America 1880 and first settled in Wisconsin)
b. January 26, 1850 Berlin
d. February 4, 1926 Manistique, Michigan
m. Lissette PLAFS 1870 Hannover
   b.March 17,1854 Hannover
   d.April 27, 1927 Manistique, Michigan

Their children were:
Augusta WILKE
b.May 29, 1876 Hannover
d.November 22, 1959 Manistique, Michigan
m.August 25,1894 Manistique, Michigan Carl Frederick SCHUBRING
	Their son Otto Karl SCHUBRING is the father of Kenneth Karl SCHUBRING

Charles WILKE
b. 1880 Germany
d.August 14, 1915 Manistique, Michigan
m Mary_____________ who was born in Wisconsin 1888

Twins born in Germany and died very young of diphteria

Anna WILKE
b.September 26, 1878 Hannover
d.September 26, 1956
m.Jessie CROSBY

August WILKE,Jr.
b. June ?, 1885 Price County, Wisconsin

Alvina WILKE
b.January 28, 1893 Price County, Wisconsin
d.December ?, 1982 Statesville, North Carolina
m. Chris FREDRIKSON

We were told that AUGUST WILKE and his brothers were in the weaving business in Germany.
August decided to come to America after his brothers died of cedar asthma, today called
industrial white lung disease. He brought with him many fine linens.

Their final home was in Manistique, the upper peninsula of Michigan where they are
buried.

We would hope to get in contact with some grandchildren of the WILKE brothers or
Lissette's family in Germany.

We thank you for any information you can share with us.
Ruth and Ken Schubring, Atlanta, Ga.

Ostfriesland Genealogy

Date: 1998/03/12 21:43:39
From: Joseph Broom <broomjoe(a)email.msn.com>

I am very interested in corresponding with people who are researching in the
following towns in Ostfriesland (East Friesland), which was a part of the
Kingdom of Hannover:

       NORDEN   --   AURICH --- ESENS --- WITTMUND -- HAGE -- LUTETSBURG

My ancestral lines in these towns include the following names:

KETTLER            ARENS              GRUBEN           BECKER
MENCKE            HOPPE              FRIDAG             DAMMEYER
MUELLER           HEGELER        WIARDA            STINDT
ALTENA              VON HONARD/T                         KUCHENBAKER

Thanks!

NIEHAUS< Neuenkirchen, Hannover

Date: 1998/03/12 22:42:34
From: RNieh22936 <RNieh22936(a)aol.com>

Hello all,
I am searching for traces of my GGrandfather Heinrich NIEHAUS,
b about august 15, 1845, emigrated to U.S., to Cincinnati, Ohio before
16 November 1869, when he married Elisabeth FERNEDING b about
September 27, 1843 in Oldenburg.  Heinrich(Henry) d 14 March 1895
in Cincinnati, father of six children, including his eldest, Joseph, my
grandfather.

I am seeking confirmation of Heinrich's birth and Catholic Baptism in the
Neunkirchen, east of Bremen, near Soltau-Fallingbostel, or in the
Neuenkirchen near VECHTA, Oldenburg.  These are the two likely towns
of the 17 with this name in Germany!

Any information on  Heinrich's records or on his parents and other family
members names, his emigration as a child or an adult from Hannover to U.S.
would be most appreciated.

I have NIEHAUS, BRINKER, BROXTERMAN Cincinnati family histories  information
to share.  Thanks for any help.        Bob Niehaus

Re: Family research

Date: 1998/03/12 23:11:09
From: Mona J HOUSER <mona_houser(a)juno.com>

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998 13:45:36 -0800 "Kenneth K. Schubring"
<rkschubr(a)bellsouth.net> writes:
>I am doing research for my husband, Kenneth Karl Schubring, Atlanta,
>Georgia.

Hi, Ruth and Ken,

I 'm making reference to your other note.

You had a first name Cutlip or something like that.  It doesn't look at
all like any German name I'd seen before, so I was saying it different
ways trying to come up with a more expected name, and thought of Gottlieb
just as I hit "delete".  Have you seen Cutlip in writing, or is a name
you've just heard?  Anyway, if you can't find Cutlip written, try this
other spelling and maybe you can find it.

Just a thought.   Good luck!

Mona
Mona_Houser(a)juno.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Re: Krumv(w)iede and Hannovarian villages

Date: 1998/03/14 00:29:41
From: Loretta Krumwiede Barlow <lorbar(a)fortwayne.infi.net>

Earl Armbrust wrote:

---snip---

> The following are from my research database. A few are my ancestors. Others
> are from other genealogists, US church records, Germans to America, German
> Immigrants Bremen to New York, and ancestral File. There are many others
> from nearby villages.
>
> In Rodewald, I have BENNINGER, BERGMANN, BOETTCHER, BUCHHOLZ, DANNENBERG,
> DEEKE, DEGENER, DIERCKS, DIERKING, DUENSING, DOVE, EHLERS, FIENE, GAYHMANN,
> HARTJE, HEUER, HOPPENSTEDT, KAHLE, KLAUSKRAGE, KUEHNE, KRUSE, KRUMWIEDEL (I
> wonder if that may be Krumwiede),

I have to wonder that as well. I have someone born in Rodewald in one of
my families, but not, I think, with the surname Krumwiede. Can't find it
right now. Might be in my Theesfeld line.

Wonder if Hartje and Hartke are the same name?

KUEKER, LEESEBERG, MAGERS, MESENBRINK,
> MEYER, PLUMHOFF, POLLWORTH, PRUESZNER, RATHJE, RIDDER, SCHARNHORST and
> WIGGERS.
>
> In Steimbke, I have BEERMANN, BEUKMANN, BIERMANN, BOHNHORST, BRUNS,
> BURGENAY, BUSING, DUENSING, HACHMEISTER, HASSELBRING, HUMPKE, KNOP,
> KRUMWEIDE,

There we go again, and I think either Fred Sprehe or his wives were born
there.

 KUHLS, LUHRING, MEINER, MEYER, POPPE,

There are some Poppes in Iroquois County, Illinois as well. Not in my
files, BUT in the cemetery files you can reach from my page.

 POTTHORST, RODEWALD,
> SCHARRINGHAUSEN, SCHRADNER, STADEN, THIES, THIESSE, THIEZE, VAN EMPEDE,
> VOEGLER, VOLBERDING,

Volberding, too. A Volberding family was instrumental in settling
Buckley.

 WIHLE

> In Stoecken, I have EBELING, LUESSENHOP and WEGENER.
>
> In Wendenborstal, I have BRASE,DUENSING, HAASE, THIESSE AND THIEZE.
>
> Loretta Krumwiede, on her excellant web page(s),

Thank you.

 was a Krumwiede immigrant
> from Woelpke. That spelling is from the Germans to America reference. Since
> there is no Woelpke and since there is a Woelpe (now is a part of
> Erichshagen) in the Nienberg to Steimbke to Rodewald area and since all of
> the villages mentioned are in this area, I believe that Woelpe is the
> primary target village. There is a church symbol at Erichshagen in the atlas.
>
>                  **** Now maybe the best part ***
> ---snip---
>
> I hope that all of you find this helpful, if not, at least interesting.
> Anyone else out there with immigrants from this area of the Old Kingdom of
> Hannover?

I, for one, am fascinated, Earl, and finally hopeful of information.
--
Loretta
Iroquois County ILGenWeb

Re: Krumv(w)iede and Hannovarian villages

Date: 1998/03/14 17:38:58
From: Linda Marks Pauling <11870(a)www1.utech.net>

Hi Fellow Hannovarians!
I have a book that was written in commemoration of the 1000 Anniversary
of the village of Norddrebber, Gemeinde Gilten, Neustadt, entitled
NORDDREBBER 990-1990. The history was writted by Herr Hans Ehlich while
the other sections were written by residents of the village.

 Nearby villages include Stoeckendrebber, Gilten, Schwarmstedt,
Niederstoecken, Rodewald, Grindau, Buchholz, Stiembke, Suderbruck,
Nienhagen.

The names found there in 1572 are:
Johann BOCK, Dietrich BOCK, Heinrich THIES, Pawel MARTENS, Dietrich
PAULING, Hermann BUCHHOLZ, Hermann RUNGE, Beneke LAMMERS, Johann
WEDEKINDT, Johann LINCAMP, Johann MEYER, Juergen LUESSENHOP, Hermann
ARPS, Arent ASCHEN, Dietrich LUEHRS, Wichmann MESENBRINK, Dieterich
BACKHAUS, Heinrich ASCHEN.

This book is in German which I do not read. However, one section lists
each house and the people who lived there through the years. However,
(and this is a big "however") this book is NOT indexed. I do note the
following surnames are frequent in this village in addition to those
listed above: DIERKING,  RUMP,   GLEUE,   RIDDER,   GARMS,   BACKHAUS,
BARTLING.

On Haus Nr. 11 appears:
1875/1915   Adolf GLEUE - gefallen Im I. Weltkrieg
1916/1935   Witwe KRUMWIEDE geb GLEUE aus Stoeckendrebber erbt
1935/1941   Grossneffe Friedrich KRUMWIEDE - Elli OEHLERKING aus Hof 13
1941/1946   Witwe Elli KRUMWIEDE geb Oehlerking
1946/1984   2. Ehe mit Otto MINDERMANN,  Ostenholz, geb. in Oberhode.

I hope this helps some of you find the village of your roots.
Linda

Loretta Krumwiede Barlow wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Loretta Krumwiede, on her excellant web page(s),
>
> Thank you.
>
>  was a Krumwiede immigrant
> > from Woelpke. That spelling is from the Germans to America reference. Since
> > there is no Woelpke and since there is a Woelpe (now is a part of
> > Erichshagen) in the Nienberg to Steimbke to Rodewald area and since all of
> > the villages mentioned are in this area, I believe that Woelpe is the
> > primary target village. There is a church symbol at Erichshagen in the atlas.
> >
> >                  **** Now maybe the best part ***
> > ---snip---
> >
> > I hope that all of you find this helpful, if not, at least interesting.
> > Anyone else out there with immigrants from this area of the Old Kingdom of
> > Hannover?
>
> I, for one, am fascinated, Earl, and finally hopeful of information.

Lehmann

Date: 1998/03/16 06:06:53
From: Fred Layman <sgo(a)adweb.net>

Can anyone help me. I am a point that I can't seem to get any more
information. I am searching the surname of LEHMANN, first name FREDERICK
from Hannover. Immigrated to the USA in the early 1850's via England.
Changed spelling of last name to LAYMAN once in this country. He was born
in 1827 and his father was also named Frederick and was an officer in the
Imperial Prussian Army.

I do find a Note of a Frederick Lehmann listed in the Index To Records Of
Aliens from Pennsylvania.

I also located a Friederick Wilhelm Lehmann born 1827 from (Bernickow,
Brandenburg) who had a father also by the same name. This is all I have,
I'm not even sure this is the same family. Any help would be appreciated.
Any ideas?

Thanks Fred Layman

Re: Hannover Research

Date: 1998/03/18 02:46:29
From: W. Fred Rump <fred(a)k2nesoft.com>

Also sprach Andrea Wetzstein on  8 Mar 98 at 17:57 about Hannover
Research:

> Is there a research firm or person available for the Hannover area;
> more specifically the Equord area (near Peine and Hohenhameln)?
> Please contact me privately.  Thank you. Andrea Wetzstein
> (awetzste(a)ptialaska.net)

Sylvia.Moehle(a)t-online.de does research in the Hanover area.
Fred

Fred Rump             http://www.k2nesoft.com/~fred
26 Warren St
Beverly, NJ 08010        fred(a)compu.com or
609-386-6846             fred(a)k2nesoft.com

Date: 1998/03/19 22:00:38
From: RNieh22936 <RNieh22936(a)aol.com>

Dear Werner,
Many thanks for your information in the Vechta
Bishop Archive for Heinrich NIEHAUS.  I am assuming  the
names after <zeugen> were godparents or witnesses at
Heinrich's baptism.  Was the Bishop Archive from a Catholic
record?
If I can help you with anything here in the U.S. please
let me know.  We live near Charlottesville, VA, a beautiful area
on the eastern slope of hte Blue Ridge Mountains, where
Thomas Jefferson was born and lived in Monticello.

Regards and thanks
                              Bob Niehaus
                              615 Panorama Rd.
                              Earlysville, VA 22936  U.S.A.

Herman Hoberg

Date: 1998/03/19 22:39:25
From: Peggy Pollitt <peggy(a)zoomnet.net>

1880 Missouri census states that my great-grandfather, Herman Hoberg, was
born in Hannover.  He was born c 1851-1852.  I do not know when he came to
America, but I know he was in Ohio in 1874, and living in Butler County,
Missouri
in 1876.  He died between 1880 and 1883.  I would like to find out where I
could
obtain further information about him.  What agency, church, etc. could I
write to
to find out where in Hannover and when he was born and who his parents
were.

Sincerely,

Peggy Pollitt
peggy(a)zoomnet.net

Re: Herman Hoberg

Date: 1998/03/20 19:30:29
From: Werner Honkomp <Werner.Honkomp(a)t-online.de>

Maybe you can help a profession researcher near Hannover.
The email address: Jens-Kaufmann(a)t-online.de
Werner

Date: 1998/03/20 19:30:47
From: Werner Honkomp <Werner.Honkomp(a)t-online.de>

RNieh22936 schrieb:
> Dear Werner,
> Many thanks for your information in the Vechta
> Bishop Archive for Heinrich NIEHAUS.  I am assuming  the
> names after <zeugen> were godparents or witnesses at
> Heinrich's baptism.  Was the Bishop Archive from a Catholic
> record?
-----------------------------
Dear Bob,
the Bishop Archive in Vechta is a Catholic Archive for the administrative
district of Oldenburg.
The translation for "Zeugen" is witnesses, but meaning also godparents.

I think Virginia is a good place to live. Maybe I visite this region anyone.

Regards,
Werner

Date: 1998/03/21 14:03:51
From: JBeck88803 <JBeck88803(a)aol.com>

Hi, I have a question the e-mail address that you gave for Jen-Kaufmann(a)t-
online.de is it right, I tried it and keeps getting returned.  Please reply as
I am interested in finding someone to do some professional research for me in
Hanover.  Thank you, Joan Beckman

JBec88803(a)aol.com

Re: Herman Hoberg

Date: 1998/03/21 19:28:58
From: Werner Honkomp <Werner.Honkomp(a)t-online.de>

JBeck88803 schrieb:
> Hi, I have a question the e-mail address that you gave for Jen-Kaufmann(a)t-
> online.de is it right, I tried it and keeps getting returned.  Please reply as
> I am interested in finding someone to do some professional research for me in
> Hanover.  Thank you, Joan Beckman
>
> JBec88803(a)aol.com
--------------------------------------
The correct address is: Jens-Kaufmann(a)t-online.de
You have vorgotten a "s"

Date: 1998/03/21 20:35:16
From: JBeck88803 <JBeck88803(a)aol.com>

Thank you Werner, I will try that e-mail address, maybe he can help do some
research.  Thanks again, Joan

MUENNINK, SAATHOFF

Date: 1998/03/22 22:28:01
From: Paul Adams <padams(a)summitsoftware.com>

My MUENNINK ancestors are said to have emmigrated from
Hannover in the mid 1850s. They settled in Medina County,
Texas, USA.

Can anyone give me an idea of where to look to find their
town of orgin? Are there any Muenninks in that area of
Germany today?

The Muenninks intermarried with the SAATHOFF family
who emmigrated from Aurich-Oldendorf, Ostfriesland in 1846
or so.

If anyone has any connections with or info on either family,
I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Details on the families can be found at my web pages:
http://www.summitsoftware.com/pwa/interest.htm

thanks,
Paul

Paul Adams / Summit Software Systems
padams(a)summitsoftware.com
303-443-9866 x205 / fax: 303-443-9934
1966 13th St. Suite 200 Boulder CO 80302

Hoffmann

Date: 1998/03/23 00:47:23
From: Wilfred Hoffman <hoffmann(a)telusplanet.net>

Imformation Available-Ernst Theodor Hoffmann-b-05-27-1837 Hildersheim
Deu.
Immigated to USA>Summer of 1856-Destination Unknown.
Have name & occupation of parents..
Possible Brother & sister-
Wilf.Hoffman
hoffmann(a)telusplanet.net

(no subject)

Date: 1998/03/23 01:12:15
From: Jeff Nelson <kleist(a)ix.netcom.com>

I have been searching for information on Henry CARY for many years.  His
civil war pension files and census files show his birth date to be 1834
in Hanover, Germany.  Since Hanover was a "city state" then, that is
like knowing that he is from New Jersey!  He emigrated to Shawnee
Township, Allen County and first shows up on the 1850 census.  On the
1900 Census, he shows as John Henry CARY.  He was married to Rebecca
WHYMAN of Van Wert County, Ohio.  His son Nelson Lorenzo Dow CARY moved
to Manhattan, Riley, Kansas.  My grandmother, Florence Adelia Cary
NELSON was Nelson's daughter.

Any researchers on this line out there?  I would love to correspond with
you!
--
J. Jeff Nelson	<kleist(a)ix.netcom.com>

Searching the following surnames:
Nelson, Gudkjaersen, Lorentzen, Larsen, Cary, Whyman, Pitman, Strawn,
Redd,
Hancock, Workman, Turner, Bryner, Gubler, Worthen, Heaps, and their
ancestors.

BARTELS, John

Date: 1998/03/23 01:18:26
From: Elaine Keeling <emkee(a)netbistro.com>

I am seeking information about the family of my great grandfather
    John BARTELS b. Mar. 22, 1847    d. June 6, 1894 in Stephen, Minnesota
his mother's name is listed as Wetta and his father Jurgen in his death
registration.

He is only listed as coming from Germany - however family believe he was
from Hanover, Germany

Any leads or suggestions for searching would be most appreciated.

Elaine

Kreise Lingen nach Nordamerika

Date: 1998/03/24 02:05:54
From: RJH885 <RJH885(a)aol.com>

I would like to locate a copy of the book "Auswanderungen und Auswanderer aus
dem ehemaligen Kreise Lingen nach Nordamerika."  Several years ago a German
correspondent sent me copies of the pages from that book that included my
Hilver/Hilvert ancestors.  I would also like to have copies of the pages that
contain information about the following surnames:  Rohling/Roling; Hovel; and
Buers.  Many, many thanks for any help.     Becky Hilbert

German Book in Print

Date: 1998/03/24 03:17:36
From: James Maxeiner <maxeiner(a)worldnet.att.net>

Dear Ms. Hilbert,

Your book is in print at DM 40 (circa $25). Here is the author/title
information and ISBN:  Tenfelde, Walter: Auswanderungen und Auswanderer
aus dem ehemaligen Kreise Lingen nach Nordamerika ISBN 3-9800064-6-8,
Linson, Preis 40,- DM.

Anyone can easily search the German books in print (VLB) and get the
books from Germany. Two Grman book dealers I have used for years
(pre-Internet) with excellent results are:

Struppe & Winckler (Berlin), website

http://www.struppe-online.de/datenbank/vlb/index.html

and

Schweitzer Sortiment (Munich)

http://www.buchhandel.de/cgi-bin/bksuche.exe?opacdb=VLB+Buchkatalog&Aktion=Start&Caller=47075

In both instances, these are the pages that search Verzeichnis
Lieferbarer Bücher, the German books in print. The home pages are
respectively:

http://www.struppe-online.de/index.html

http://www.schweitzer-sortiment.de/

Struppe & Winckler offers the choice of English for its pages. Both, I
believe, now accept Master Card or Visa. Surface postage is cheap. Were
you to order the book from either of these dealers you would probably
have it surface mail in six to eight weeks.

Regards,

James Maxeiner

Re: Kreise Lingen nach Nordamerika

Date: 1998/03/24 06:10:44
From: Bob Behnen <rjbehnen(a)kvmo.net>

Becky,

If you find out where and how to get a copy, let me know too please.

Thanks,

Bob Behnen

----------
> From: RJH885 <RJH885(a)aol.com>
> To: hannover-l(a)genealogy.net
> Subject: Kreise Lingen nach Nordamerika
> Date: Monday, March 23, 1998 7:05 PM
>
> I would like to locate a copy of the book "Auswanderungen und Auswanderer
aus
> dem ehemaligen Kreise Lingen nach Nordamerika."  Several years ago a
German
> correspondent sent me copies of the pages from that book that included my
> Hilver/Hilvert ancestors.  I would also like to have copies of the pages
that
> contain information about the following surnames:  Rohling/Roling; Hovel;
and
> Buers.  Many, many thanks for any help.     Becky Hilbert

Re: German Book in Print

Date: 1998/03/24 18:08:54
From: Werner Honkomp <Werner.Honkomp(a)t-online.de>

James Maxeiner schrieb:
> Dear Ms. Hilbert,
>
> Your book is in print at DM 40 (circa $25). Here is the author/title
> information and ISBN:  Tenfelde, Walter: Auswanderungen und Auswanderer
> aus dem ehemaligen Kreise Lingen nach Nordamerika ISBN 3-9800064-6-8,
> Linson, Preis 40,- DM.
>
> Anyone can easily search the German books in print (VLB) and get the
> books from Germany. Two Grman book dealers I have used for years
> (pre-Internet) with excellent results are:
>
> Struppe & Winckler (Berlin), website
>
> http://www.struppe-online.de/datenbank/vlb/index.html
>
> and
>
> Schweitzer Sortiment (Munich)
>
> http://www.buchhandel.de/cgi-bin/bksuche.exe?opacdb=VLB+Buchkatalog&Aktion=Sta
> rt&Caller=47075
>
> In both instances, these are the pages that search Verzeichnis
> Lieferbarer Bücher, the German books in print. The home pages are
> respectively:
>
> http://www.struppe-online.de/index.html
>
> http://www.schweitzer-sortiment.de/
>
> Struppe & Winckler offers the choice of English for its pages. Both, I
> believe, now accept Master Card or Visa. Surface postage is cheap. Were
> you to order the book from either of these dealers you would probably
> have it surface mail in six to eight weeks.
>
> Regards,
>
> James Maxeiner
----------------------------------
On the same way you can order a good map of Germany 1:200,000
This map include the most small village and have a index of the next greater
village/places:

ADAC Reiseatlas
Deutschland 97/98
ISBN 3-87003-753-9    DM 14.80

Werner Honkomp         eMail: werner.honkomp(a)t-online.de
Ziegelhofstr. 35B        URL: http://home.t-online.de/home/werner.honkomp/
26121 Oldenburg
GERMANY

[BANAT-L] FW: Hannover Findbuch Project HomePage

Date: 1998/03/26 02:20:21
From: Chris Lamesfield <cjl(a)tir.com>

Thought this would be interesting to some.

>From: "Bob Madler" <madler(a)sierra.net>
>To: "Banat" <banat-L(a)rootsweb.com>
>Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 02:59:38 -0800
>Subject: [BANAT-L] FW: Hannover Findbuch Project HomePage

 All
>publication requires the permission of each message author.

(Fwd) Announce Hannover Chronicle

Date: 1998/03/26 04:46:31
From: W. Fred Rump <fred(a)k2nesoft.com>

Date:          Wed, 25 Mar 1998 21:26:33 -0600
From:          Diana Church <dianac(a)mci2000.com>
Subject:       Announce Hannover Chronicle

I would like to reach as many descendants of these 14 different
families as possible - however before I post it to the general mailing
list, I would like to know if this is OK to do so.    Please post the
following announcement to the Hannover mail list if it has your
approval.  Thanks Diana Church dianac(a)mci2000.com

The Hannover Chronicle is a newsletter which traces the
migration and settlement of the following families:

ADEN * DOORN/DORN * EHMEN * EILERS * FECHT *
FOCKENGA * JANSSEN/JOHNSON * JELKEN/YELKEN *
MEINTS * MUELLER/MILLER * REMMERS *
SCHOON/SCHOENE * SCHUSTER * ZIMMERMANN

These families emigrated between 1850-1880, from
OSTFRIESLAND, Hannover, Germany to Illinois (Adams,
Champaign, Menard, Sangamon or St. Clair Counties) and then
to Gage County, Nebraska, where they founded Zion Evangelical
Lutheran Church.  In this community, Zion was generally known
as "Hannover Church" for over one hundred years.

For more information, contact dianac(a)mci2000.com   Please write
Hannover Chronicle Query in the subject line of your email.

Re: NIEHAUS< Neuenkirchen, Hannover

Date: 1998/03/26 17:19:35
From: Rowena White <herbrow(a)pld.com>

RNieh22936 wrote:
> I have NIEHAUS, BRINKER, BROXTERMAN Cincinnati family histories  information
> to share.  Thanks for any help.        Bob Niehaus

Hello Bob,

I have no help, only questions.  Do you have any reference material from
Cincinatti in regard to German immigrants, settlements,
birth/death/marriage records etc. 1820-1830?  My immigrant seems to have
come a little earlier than most.  George Henry Nodurft in 1820/possible
name of father, John.  All I know is that they came from Hanover. I have
been led to belief that most records were lost.   Thanks for any leads.

Rowena

Knapp-Thuener Families

Date: 1998/03/30 20:45:18
From: Steve Knapp <sknapp(a)nova.wright.edu>

I am looking for information on the Knapp and Thuener families in the
Hannover area.  My ancestors were George H. Knapp and Elizabeth
Thuener, both from the Hannover area. Born around 1870's and
immigrated to Cincinnati in 1887 and 1883.

Steve Knapp