W. Fred Rump
fwd
Datum 1998/01/28 21:12:44
Earl Armbrust
ROSENWINKEL
1998/01/26 23:52:19
Jillwall
Re: Civil Registration; MENGE
1998/01/28 18:54:32
W. Fred Rump
fwd
Autor 1998/01/29 06:20:53
W. Fred Rump
Re: Parish Hildesheim

Re: Civil Registration; MENGE

Date: 1998/01/28 20:31:43
From: W. Fred Rump <fred(a)...

Also sprach Roy Palmer on 26 Jan 98 at 17:20 about Civil
Registration; MENGE:

> Hi all,
>
> May I ask some basic questions regarding Civil Registration
> archives? Are they arranged according to city, region or all
> Germany?

They generally don't start until the formation of the 2nd Reich and
are scattered in archives or still lie in the places where they were
taken.

>Where are they kept for this region - is there any central
> Registration archive for the whole of Germany?

No. As to where in Hanover? I would check the web pages
www.genealogy.com under Niedersachsen for various archives.

>How may I access
> them? I will go to Germany if necessary, although I don't speak
> German (shame).

For records younger then 1890 you need to show direct lineage or some
valid reason as to why youy want this data. Older records should be
availbale for a fee by writing to the particular archive where they
are stored. Not always easy to know.

>I have tried looking these questions up on the WEB
> FAQ pages (and have seen the "standard letters"), but I'm afraid I
> still haven't got a grip on it.

Where's the problem?

> In particular I am looking for Birth and Marriage records for:
>
> Marie Sophia Wilhelmina Anna MENGE;
> Born c. 1893-96. Married c. 1911-1914. Roman Catholic.
> From the Hanover area; possibly Lauenstein, approx. 15 miles SW of
> Hanover city; or Herford approx. 30 miles SW of Hanover city, just inside
> Westphalen.

Below are the various public or state archives:

Staatliche Archive:

Niedersächsisches Hauptstaatsarchiv Hannover, Am Archiv 1, D-30169
Hannover

Niedersächsisches Staatsarchiv in Wolfenbüttel, Forstweg 2,
D-38302 Wolfenbüttel

Niedersächsisches Staatsarchiv in Bückeburg, Schloß, D-31675
Bückeburg; Postfach 1350, D-31665 Bückeburg

Niedersächsisches
Staatsarchiv in Oldenburg, Damm 43, D-26135 Oldenburg

Niedersächsisches Staatsarchiv in Osnabrück, Schloßstr. 29, D-49074
Osnabrück

Niedersächsisches Staatsarchiv in Stade, Am Sande 4 C, D-21682 Stade

Niedersächsisches Staatsarchiv in Aurich, Oldersumer Str. 50,
D-26603 Aurich

Fred

Fred Rump             http://www.k2nesoft.com/~fred
26 Warren St