Earl Armbrust
Re: MARIENSEE and NOPKE
Datum 1998/01/26 23:52:19
Jillwall
Re: Civil Registration; MENGE
1998/01/26 23:56:46
KTLeyed
BRANDES, WINKELMANN, MULLER
Betreff 1998/01/26 23:52:19
Jillwall
Re: Civil Registration; MENGE
1998/01/14 04:36:56
Paul Bronson
Re: ?minster surname
Autor 1998/01/20 00:25:31
RSNYDER222
Fieselmann/Fresalman

Civil Registration; MENGE

Date: 1998/01/26 21:52:46
From: Roy Palmer <Roy.Palmer(a)...

Hi all,

May I ask some basic questions regarding Civil Registration archives?
Are they arranged according to city, region or all Germany? Where are they
kept for this region - is there any central Registration archive for the
whole of Germany? How may I access them? I will go to Germany if necessary,
although I don't speak German (shame). I have tried looking these questions
up on the WEB FAQ pages (and have seen the "standard letters"), but I'm
afraid I still haven't got a grip on it.

In particular I am looking for Birth and Marriage records for:

Marie Sophia Wilhelmina Anna MENGE;
Born c. 1893-96. Married c. 1911-1914. Roman Catholic.
>From the Hanover area; possibly Lauenstein, approx. 15 miles SW of Hanover
city; or Herford approx. 30 miles SW of Hanover city, just inside
Westphalen.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Roy Palmer, Ireland.