Bernard SANCHIS
Re: [FR] HASSHOLD/HASHOLD from DIEBACH, Martgrave of ANSBACH, Mittelfranken
Datum 2001/11/19 21:03:17
gerald KISABETH
Re: [FR] Translation from Franken History page
2001/11/19 07:14:01
Fritz G. Will
Re: [FR] Translation from Franken History page
Betreff 2001/11/19 21:03:17
gerald KISABETH
Re: [FR] Translation from Franken History page
2001/11/18 20:34:25
gerald KISABETH
[FR] Translation from Franken History page
Autor 2001/11/19 21:03:17
gerald KISABETH
Re: [FR] Translation from Franken History page

Date: 2001/11/19 20:17:44
From: gerald KISABETH <geraldkisabeth(a)...

Dear Mr. Will, Thank you so much for the great translation, I really appreciate it. As to your view on the Bajuwaren not occupying the area of the Fichtelgebirge area, I disagree somewhat. The area of my ancestors which is at the northern Oberpfalz/southern Oberfranken boarder is Wunsiedel/Marktredwitz towns. This area has many Baiern connections of the past. It belonged to Eger district which was in Bavarian hands well back to the 12th century. Many historians have informed me that the tribes occuping this area were the (possible ancestors of the bajuwaren) Narisci, Marcomanni etc... It was the major trade route used in the very first centuries but very sparsely populated. It was later in the 900s that the Bajuwaren migrated up the rivers settling in the the Oberpfalz area. I am told that the dialect spoken in Marktredwitz is a bavarian type as opposed to a Franken one. Also some Slavic tribes migrated west and were absorbed into the population. All old Germanic maps show the Narisci which was part of the larger Marcommanni.

I am still researching this topic, but it seems that this is true.
Thanks again for your translation & insight.

Gerald Kisabeth