Bill Ruff
Nuernberg Archive
1998/12/15 04:16:48
Ragged Island Books Maps & Prints
Re: Buchold
Betreff 1998/12/03 01:11:55
Karl Federschmidt
Re: Genealogical archive in Nuernberg
1998/12/15 04:16:48
Ragged Island Books Maps & Prints
Re: Buchold
Autor 1998/12/03 22:24:39
W. Fred Rump
www,genealogy.com is dead

Re: Genealogical archive in Nuernberg

Date: 1998/12/02 02:36:01
From: W. Fred Rump <fred(a)...

On 29 Nov 98, at 20:09, Bruno Bauernschmidt wrote about Genealogical archive in Nuernberg:

> Please be a
> little bit patient, my answer can take two or three weeks. At the end a
> general question to all members: Should the answer to a question, which
> was send to the list, also send to the list, means readable for all, or
> should the answer send to the private adress?

>From experience with many genealogical discussion lists over the
years I know that many if not all readers enjoy reading
knowledgeable responses to the questions others ask. It is a way
of learning new things that are otherwise very difficult to obtain. We
even learn from the questions as others ask things we haven't even
thought of.

Obviously there are situations where private answers are in order
but generally speaking everyone hopes to learn from everyone else
and public discussions are in order - everything about genealogy
and especially from Northern Bavaria, ie Franken.

Fred

The Rumps at
Pelican Lake Motorcoach Resort
4788 Corian Court
Naples, FL 34114-9418
941-775-7838   PS Genealogists live in the past lane